Last Updated March 12th, 2021 at 03:37 pm by Lisa
100+ American July 4th recipes for your Independence Day BBQ party, cookout, or picnic. Red, white, and blue easy patriotic ideas for grilling, sides, drinks, desserts and more! Make your summer party or picnic spectacular with patriotic July 4th recipes!
When it comes to July 4th, Americans definitely have 4th of July Food Traditions.
How they started is not exactly known, but there are some great items that most people love to have on our national holiday.
Some of these classic “must-haves” on the 4th of July are more than tradition, they are what makes our celebrations so special with friends and family...this is one of mine, yup I grill my pies outdoors!!
Traditional All-American July 4th Recipes:
Grilled Hot Dogs & Hamburgers
Beer and Soda
Corn on the Cob
Red Solo Cups
Red, White, and Blue Drinks and Cocktails
Apple, Cherry, or Strawberry Pie
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Red, White, and Blue Desserts
On July 4, 1776, the thirteen colonies claimed their independence from England, an event which eventually led to the formation of the United States. Each year on July 4th, also known as Independence Day, Americans celebrate this historic event.
A national holiday celebrating the anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence in 1776.
In fact, independence was formally declared on July 2, 1776, a date that John Adams believed would be “the most memorable epocha in the history of America.” On July 4, 1776, Congress approved the final text of the Declaration. It wasn't signed until August 2, 1776.
Independence Day, also referred to as the Fourth of July or July Fourth, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. The Continental Congress declared that the thirteen American colonies regarded themselves as a new nation, the United States of America, and were no longer part of the British Empire. The Congress actually voted to declare independence two days earlier, on July 2.
Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts, baseball games, family reunions, and political speeches and ceremonies, in addition to various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the National Day of the United States. (source: Wikipedia)
Party Drinks & Appetizers
- Summer Sangria - July 4th Sparklers by Delicious Table
- Red, White, and Blue Daiquiri by Kleinworth & Co
- Red, White, and Blue Sangria Sparklers by A Fork's Tale
- Frozen Bomb Pop Cooler by Bitz & Giggles
- Easy Homemade Sweet Peach Tea by A Farmgirl's Kitchen
- Red, White, and Blue Sangria by Cooking with Carlee
- Frosty Patriotic Punch by Spend with Pennies
- Star Spangled Fruit Infused Water by The View from Great Island
- Red, White, and Blue Rum Slush for Two by Zona Cooks
- Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie by Veggie Inspired
- CoronaRita Frozen Margarita Beer Cocktail by Delicious Table
- Raspberry Mint Vodka Spritzer by A Communal Table
- Hibiscus Cocktails by Delicious Table
- Real Cuban Mint Mojitos by Delicious Table
- Hibiscus Margarita by A Communal Table
- Roasted Hatch Chile Spicy Bloody Mary Mix by Delicious Table
- Spicy Mexican Beer Micheladas by Delicious Table
- Red, White, and Blue Sangria by Certified Pastry Aficionado
- Easy Guacamole by Delicious Table
- Firecracker Shrimp "Un-Fried" by Delicious Table
- Watermelon Skewers by Debra Klein
- Almond Berry Fruit Dip by Dip Recipe Creations
- Party Classic French Onion Dip by Delicious Table
- Red White and Blue Golden Oreo Cheeseball by Dip Recipe Creations
- Balsamic Strawberry Toasted Crostini with Ricotta & Fresh Basil by Home & Plate
- Ice Cold Sweet Summertime Blueberry Lemonade by Delicious Table
Side Dishes & Salads
Serving lots of sides and salads makes your celebration a feast. Some are light and some are traditional, try a variety so everyone is happy!
- Easy Picnic Pasta Salad by Delicious Table
- Fire Grilled Hatch Chile Tomatillo Salsa by Delicious Table
- Country Style Baked Beans by A Farmgirl's Kitchen
- Grilled Corn - Mexican Chile Lime Elotes by Delicious Table
- Macaroni Pasta Salad - Dot's Original Family Recipe by Delicious Table
- Homemade Vinegar Coleslaw by Delicious Table
- Red, White, and Bleu Potato Salad by Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Summer Fruit Salsa by Home. Made. Interest.
- Red, White, and Blue American Potato Salad by Delicious Table
- Garlic Dill Potato Salad by Loaves and Dishes
- Patriotic Composed Vegetable Salad by Mother Would Know
- Fruity Quinoa Salad by Nutrition to Fit
- Watermelon-Blueberry Salad by Savoring Today
- Strawberry and Blueberry Caprese Farro Salad by The Forked Spoon
- The Summer Berry Salad by The Organic Kitchen
- Watermelon Feta Salad with Blueberries by The Spicy Apron
- Strawberry, Blueberry, and Jicama Salad by The Whole Serving
- Beet and Blueberry Salad by Upstate Ramblings
Cookout BBQ/Grill & Main Dishes
Okay, what else is more All-American than BBQ or Grilled anything? Ribs, bbq sauce, grilled chicken, or kabobs these recipes will make your party legendary.
- Fall Off The Bone BBQ Ribs Recipe by West Via Midwest
- Honey Balsamic Chipotle Ribs by A Farmgirl's Kitchen
- Chicken Green Chile Sliders by A Communal Table
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Chicken Sliders by From A Chef's Kitchen
- Grilled Lamb Chops, Peaches, and Parmesan Mint Pesto by Delicious Table
- Homemade Grill and BBQ Rub by Delicious Table
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce by Caroline's Cooking
- Balsamic Grilled Caprese Chicken by Home & Plate
- Cuban Pulled Pork Sliders by Delicious Table
- Maple Peach BBQ Sauce by A Farmgirl's Kitchen
- Sheet Pan Baked American Cheeseburger Sliders by Delicious Table
- Quick and Flavorful Firecracker Sausage Kebabs by Easy Cooking with Melanie
- Firework Hot Dogs by Hustle. Mom. Repeat.
- Patriotic Chicken Fingers by Living Well Kitchen
- Loaded Chili Dogs by Delicious Table
- Picnic Basket Pressed Sandwiches by Delicious Table
- Pork Loin Pulled Pork by Delicious Table
Cute Fourth of July Desserts
We have put together 100 Patriotic Fourth of July Desserts to make your July 4th celebration spectacular; pies, tarts, cookies, no-bake desserts, cakes, cupcakes, trifles, cheesecakes, ice cream sandwiches, popsicles and more!
Celebrating the Fourth of July with our national flag colors is an American tradition, and what could be better than ONE-HUNDRED red, white, and blue desserts!
They are not all listed, but these are just a few of this amazing collection of patriotic desserts. I put together this collection of 100 Patriotic July 4th Dessert Recipes from my food blogger friends to inspire you, take a peek!
- American Flag Strawberry Blueberry Pie by Delicious Table
- Southern Fried Apple Hand Pies by A Farmgirls Kitchen
- Deconstructed Patriotic Pie by An Affair from the Heart
- A Red, White, and Blue Tart by The Simple Sweet Life
- Red, White, and Blue Cookie Tarts by Foodtastic Mom
- Best Ever Homemade Apple Pie by A Farmgirl’s Kitchen
- French Crumble Mini Apple Pies by Delicious Table
- Red, White, and Blue Bites by Chic and Savvy
- Homemade Cherry Pie Filling by A Farmgirls Kitchen
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Fruit Tart by What a Girl Eats
- Grill-Baked Blueberry Pie by Delicious Table
- Star Spangled Berry Sheet Pan Pie by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- American Flag Fruit Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Star-Spangled Cookies by Sugar Spun Run
- Red, White, and Blue Swirl Cookies by The Decorated Cookie
- Patriotic Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by Kleinworth & Co
- Patriotic M&M Pudding Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Patriotic Cookies – Stars n’ Stripes USA Cookies by Delicious Table
- Easy Patriotic Bark by What the Fork
- Patriotic White Chocolate Pretzels by Beyond the Chicken Coop
- 4th of July Donuts by The Simple Sweet Life
- Red, White, and Blueberry Tiramisu by The Suburban Soapbox
- Firecracker Cake by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake by A Farmgirl’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Mini Trifles by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Red White and Blue Cake by Preppy Kitchen
- Wave Your Flag Cheesecakes by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Angel Cake Berry Trifle Sundae by A Farmgirl’s Kitchen
- Red, White, and Blueberry Smoothie Popsicles by The Suburban Soapbox
- Berrylicious Ice Pops by Joy Filled Eats
- Berries and Cream Ice Cream Pie by Joy Filled Eats
- Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Fruit Popsicles by Delicious Table
- Firecracker Popsicles by Fried Dandelions
- Berry Cheesecake Bomb Pops by Lively Table
- Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cooking on the Front Burner
- Cherry Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches by Delicious Table
- Patriotic Popsicles by Preppy Kitchen
An All American July 4th Party Menu:
It starts early and goes late until the last fireworks crackle. It is one of my favorite holidays, and I serve more food than people can believe, but somehow it all disappears... here is what is usually on the menu:
And Even More July 4th Food Ideas!
Have a fun, safe July 4th with family and friends. God bless the USA, our beautiful country! 🇺🇸
All The Best Dishes,