Last Updated June 13th, 2019 at 08:25 pm by Lisa
Grilled Corn – Mexican Chile Lime Elotes are fire-grilled over high heat, and brushed with a creamy cilantro sauce made from clean fresh ingredients.
Elotes known as a popular street food in Mexico, have a special place in my heart. Corn… fire-grilled… over high heat, then topped brushed with sauce.
The cilantro sauce has avocado oil mayo, cilantro, fresh lime juice, serrano chile, topped with crumbled cotija cheese, and a sprinkle of hatch chile powder.
Best eaten by holding the rolled corn husk as a handle. A dish anyone can make and enjoy!
Simply divine. Healthy. Easy to prepare, and fun to eat. Who could ask for more?
Choose fresh corn on the cob with the husks on to make your grilled corn. These were just unpacked out of the box at my grocery store. Look at these gorgeous husks!
Wash the silks off in the sink under running water or in a bowl. Tie husks back with reserved husk, and or kitchen twine. Dip the husks in water for a few minutes to prevent flare-ups on the grill.
Use beautiful fresh cilantro, limes, and some of a serrano chile.
Serrano chiles are hot! I just used 1/2 with seeds removed.
By the way, this green tray with the corn was my Mom’s favorite.
She often served us lunch by our pool in the summer, love that memory. I remember this tray at many parties in our childhood home, it is cherished.
So let’s talk about mayo for a minute, shall we? Ya, I wasn’t really a mayo fan until now. Avocado Oil Mayo from Chosen Foods is made from clean ingredients with all the real mayo flavor and texture. And without all the things we don’t love.
I am so happy to know that Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo is:
- 100% non-GMO, not made with seed oils like soy, corn, or canola
- no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives
- made with 100% pure avocado oil
- made with happy cage-free chicken organic eggs
- traditional satisfying mayo flavor experience
- paleo and clean label approved
- high in Omega 9, the heart healthy (cardioprotective) fat found in olives/olive oil
- organic honey instead of refined sugar and rosemary extract as a natural antioxidant to preserve freshness
Grilled Corn - Mexican Chile Lime Elotes
- 1/4 cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 serrano fine diced, seeds removed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ears fresh corn silks removed, husks tied
- Cotija cheese
- pinch Hatch Chile powder hot
- extra lime slices and chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a food processor, blend the avocado oil mayo, cilantro, lime juice, serrano chile, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt. Blend until combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Clean the silks from corn and pullback the husks. Tie with string or long piece of husk. Dip or briefly soak the corn husks in water, to help prevent husks from burning.
- Preheat grill, gas or charcoal, to 500 degrees. It is hot enough when you can hold your hand above grill for only one second.
- Grill corn 2 minutes per side, about 8 minutes total. Rotate until all sides have char marks. If the husks burn, just move till the flame goes out.
- Remove from grill on a platter, and brush the cilantro sauce all over the corn, sprinkle with cotija cheese, and sprinkle with a pinch of Hatch chile powder. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
How to make the grilled corn:
Grill until charred outside, tender inside, about 2 minutes per side for about 8 minutes total.
Keep turning it on the grill. The husks might burn a little or flare up, just tamp down with a pair of grill tongs.
Once the corn is grilled, transfer to a platter. Brush on the creamy cilantro chili lime sauce, sprinkle with crumbled cotija cheese and hatch chile powder.
Serve with lime wedges on a platter.
Thanks again to Chosen Foods for sponsoring this post for Grilled Corn – Mexican Chile Lime Elotes. Delicious Table has partnered with Chosen Foods to use their Avocado Oil Mayo for this recipe.
Wishing you and your family, a happy… wonderful summer and go grill something healthy and delicious!
All the Best,
More Summer and Grill Recipe Ideas…
Or a sweet Ice Cold Sweet Summertime Blueberry Lemonade: