Last Updated July 28th, 2020 at 02:57 pm by Lisa
What if I told you that ravioli can be made without pasta dough and not boiled. Would you believe it?
Sheet pan BAKED Lobster Ravioli in a Lemon Butter Limoncello Cream Sauce can be made ahead with wonton wrappers (no pasta) plus no boiling pots of water or fuss!
Heart-shaped lobster ravioli, what a sweet way to say I love you...
Well, Lobster Ravioli can be made quickly and easily using wonton wrappers, and baked all at once on a sheet pan!
Who would have thought?
Baked wontons have a nice firm texture, with gorgeous brown edges, and great rich flavor.
If you knew it took forty minutes to make lobster ravioli with a dreamy lemon butter cream sauce, would that make you happy?
Well, keep reading on my friends, because baked wonton lobster ravioli couldn't get any easier, faster, or less fussy.
Lemon Butter Cream Sauce is one word, H-E-A-V-E-N.
Oh my gosh, it is spoon licking good... and four simple ingredients.
Lemon butter cream sauce can be made by adding either lemon juice or limoncello, an Italian lemon liqueur made with the zest of lemons and easily found in grocery stores.
note: (I have a recipe post in the works to show you how to make your own homemade limoncello -stay tuned!) yay!
We found the limoncello to make the lemon butter cream sauce even tastier, but lemon juice will be absolutely delicious.
Readers Comments and Reviews:
"You had me at Limoncello. 😉 I made these for date night with my boyfriend. I thought I might be getting in too deep with this recipe but your encouragement made me go for it! I am so glad I did, these were so delicious! I served these up with asparagus on the side and it was perfection. Fancy dinner, take that!" Allison
"I did not use Limoncello and they were still amazing! I love using wonton papers, so inexpensive and great texture. This is a new staple in my house!!!" Sarah
"This is very flavorful…yey! Thank you for sharing! Used the sauce over spinach/ricotta ravioli. Also, added shallots and, of course, Garlic?, as well as lemon zest. Oh! So good! And easy!" Theresa
"WOW!!! Well i only made the lemon butter cream sauce cuz i already had some shrimp& crab raviolis. And just needed a sauce. I was a little apprehensive, but I made it anyway. I did not have the Italian liqueur , so I used the lemon juice like suggested. OMG !!!wow!!!! this sauce is amazing !! thank you thank you thank you.!!! I will be adding this recipe to my recipe book for easy to reach to white sauce for pasta. Thank you again you saved my dinner… I love it, EAZY Peezy and delicious too…I ain’t kidding you.. ❤❤❤" Carmen
Cooked lobster meat diced into ½" pieces.
The lobster ravioli filling...
Lobster ravioli, filled, cut, and brushed with butter ready for the oven.
I love the heart shapes so much! Look for ravioli cutters online or in kitchen stores.
Won ton ravioli can be cut into shapes: round, square, or heart using an inexpensive ravioli cutter and the cutter will seal the edges.
Or if you don't have a cutter, simply folded into a triangle and press the air out, and edges closed with your fingers.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, make the easy sauce in minutes, and you are ready to have a special dinner!
Look below for more special dinner menu ideas to go with this delicious lobster ravioli.
I would suggest a nice green salad with a Green Goddess Dressing, and either a vegetable side dish like grilled asparagus and a sweet dessert treat like Chocolate Chunk Heart Hand Pies.
All The Best Dishes,
Baked Lobster Ravioli - Lemon Butter Limoncello Cream Sauce
- 1 package won ton wrappers
- 1 lb lobster tail meat 2 cups cooked/diced or 4 small tails
- 1 large shallot finely diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or limoncello
- ¼ cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- ½ cup melted butter
Lemon Butter (Limoncello) Cream Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons limoncello or use lemon juice in place of limoncello
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 stick of salted butter ½ cup cut into ½" cubes
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- garnish: finely chopped parsley
Make Lobster Filling:
- Boil the lobster: If the lobster tails are frozen, thaw them overnight in the refrigerator. To cook small 8 oz tails, bring 6 cups salted water to boiling in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the lobster tails. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until shells turn bright red, the meat is not translucent, and the tails will curve. For larger or smaller tails, adjust the cooking time as needed. Drain in a colander, cool, remove the meat from the shells. Cut down the center of the shell using clean kitchen scissors and crack open (discard shell), and dice lobster meat into ½" pieces.
- In a medium saute pan, heat olive oil and saute the diced shallot for two minutes. Add the diced cooked lobster and parsley, and stir until mixed for 2 more minutes, let cool down.
- Add the lobster meat mixture into a bowl, add lemon juice (or limoncello), ricotta, Asiago cheese, and mascarpone. Mix until combined.
Make Lobster Ravioli:
- Take 1 wonton wrapper, place on a board and fill with 1 teaspoon of the lobster filling. Don't overfill your ravioli or they won't seal, this will be plenty once you press the air out and cut or fold.
- Place another wonton wrapper on top, press down to push the air out, and cut with a ravioli (heart-shaped) cutter of your choice. Wonton ravioli can be cut into shapes: round, square, or heart using an inexpensive ravioli cutters, and the cutter will seal the edges.
- If you don't have a cutter, simply place the teaspoon of filling onto one wonton sheet, and fold into a triangle corner to corner, and press the air out, and press edges closed with your fingers. That's it! Easy..
- Place all filled ravioli onto a parchment lined tray, and brush with melted butter.
- Bake Ravioli 400 degrees for 10 minutes. The edges of the ravioli will brown slightly, and get a crispy edge. The baking adds amazing flavor!
Make Lemon Butter Cream Sauce:
- In a small pan, simmer the limoncello, lemon juice, and whisk in the cubed butter until well combined, then pour in heavy cream, whisk to mix and turn off heat.
- Drizzle sauce over baked lobster ravioli, and garnish with finely chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.