Last Updated June 1st, 2020 at 09:36 pm by Lisa
Mini White Chocolate Raspberry Scones are filled with melted white chocolate chips, studded with sweet raspberries, and drizzled with vanilla icing.
Many times, dessert scones are cakey, dry, and crumbly. These raspberry scones are soft, light, and fluffy because they are made with crème fraîche and heavy whipping cream. These are everything you want in a scone!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, this post may contain affiliate links. Delicious Table earns a small fee at no extra cost to you on any amazon.com purchase.
These scones can be made ahead, tucked in the freezer, and baked anytime. Cool them first, drizzle with a little icing, and you have a special treat!
Unbaked Scone Dough:
The scone dough will become wet from pressing the frozen raspberries into the dough, and that is ok! Either bake all the scones right away, and or freeze the extra scones.
Frozen Scone Dough:
You can bake these right from the freezer!
After baking, cool the scones, and then drizzle with icing softened on the counter for an hour or so.
Thanks again to Frontier Co-op for sponsoring this post for Mini White Chocolate Raspberry Scones and for partnering with Delicious Table to use their organic vanilla extract for this recipe. These scones are all you ever dreamed of in a sweet fluffy treat and more. Happy Baking!
All the Best,
For more sweet treats and dessert ideas, try my Pineapple Coconut French Madeleines
White Chocolate Raspberry Scones
- 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavor extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries place small box of berries in freezer overnight
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
Make the Scone Dough:
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat vanilla extract, raspberry extract, and 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream on medium-high with wire whisk attachment until soft peaks form. Add crème fraîche, beating until combined.
- Next, using a rubber spatula carefully fold the white chocolate chips and dry ingredients with the whipping cream to combine.
- Add frozen raspberries by folding by hand.Your dough might get a little wet from the frozen berries, that’s okay! Just work to distribute the raspberries through the scone dough.
- Turn dough on lightly floured board. Knead carefully until soft dough forms shape into ball, push out into 1” thickness into a square shape.
- Next, cut scones into rounds using a biscuit cutter or cut small triangles.
- This recipe makes 32 small scones. Cut square scone dough into 4 quarters, then cut each of those quarters into 8 small triangles.
Bake The Scones
- You can bake all 32 scones or place unbaked scones in layers, on parchment pieces in a freezer safe container.
- Bake scones at 375 15 minutes until edges are just turning golden brown.
- Bake FROZEN scones at 375 for 20 minutes until edges are just turning golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix the powder sugar, melted butter, milk, and vanilla with a spatula. Once it becomes a thinner and able to pipe out of a bag, scoop into a freezer zip lock bag. Snip off a tiny corner of the end, push the icing down into that corner, twist the bag and go back and forth motion, over the scones to add an icing drizzle. Or place icing in a squeeze bottle (these are easy to find in grocery stores) and using the same back and forth motion, drizzle icing on each cooled scone.