Easy to make, this Caramel Apple Dip has crisp green apples, salted caramel sauce, and crushed Health bars. A beloved recipe and pot-luck party hit for Thanksgiving, Halloween, and all through Autumn.
As people dig in for another bite, they will ask you for this apple dessert recipe...I promise...
Why This Recipe Works...
- Easy To Make
- It's Beautiful!
- Few Ingredients
- Incredible Flavor
- Festive for Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving
- Everyone loves it...kids and adults
- Oh, and did I mention it's addictive?
How To Make Apple Dip
- Make the Dip Mixture: In a medium-size bowl.
- Use a good caramel sauce, I used a Salted Caramel Sauce! YUM..
- Drizzle 4 or so tablespoons of salted caramel sauce on top of dip mixture.
- Chop the Heath bars into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the crushed Health bars over the top.
- Slice each apple into ½" slices.
PRO TIP: Squeeze the lemon juice in a medium-size bowl and toss the apples to keep them white and pretty.
I took this dip to a ladies' gathering the other night, and they went crazy for it...
AND they cleaned every bit from the dish until the last bit was gone...it really is that good.
And yes, I got a text for the recipe the next day!
PRO TIP: Arrange the cut apple slices in a spiral around the dip. I used an inexpensive galvanized tray. You will LOVE this dip!
Yes, it has cream cheese and should be chilled until about an hour before serving.
Yes, make the dip ahead, and chop the toffee candy. Pull out a couple of hours before the party, sprinkle the cut the candy bars on top, and cut and arrange the apple slices right before your event!
More Apple Desserts
Salted Caramel Apple Dip
- 1 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup powder sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 tablespoons salted caramel sauce (Smuckers brand)
- 3 bars Heath candy bars
- ¼ cup fresh lemon
- 4 medium Granny Smith Apples
mix the dessert dip
- In a medium-size bowl, beat the soft cream cheese with an electric mixer until very smooth and creamy about 3 minutes. Add the powder sugar, milk and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl, spread the dip mixture evenly, then drizzle 4 or so tablespoons of caramel sauce, then sprinkle the crushed Health bars over the top.
- Squeeze the lemon juice in a medium-size bowl, this will help keep your apples from turning brown!
- Use an apple slicer or a knife/melon ball to scoop out the seeds, slice each apple into ½" slices. Toss the sliced apples in lemon juice to coat which keeps them white, and will stop the browning.
- assemble the apple dip platter
- Unwrap the Heath bars and chop them on a cutting board into a small pieces.
- Place the dip bowl in the center of a round white platter, and then arrange the cut apple slices in a spiral around the dip. Cover with plastic wrap a couple of hours before serving.
- If serving next day, keep the dip in the fridge, pull out a couple of hours before the party, sprinkle the cut the candy bars on top, and cut and arrange the apple slices right before your event.