Last Updated June 20th, 2019 at 12:00 pm by Lisa
A healthy summer dessert, Frosted Strawberry Lemonade Nice Cream is made from pure fruit without dairy, or sugar. ZERO guilt! Served in cute lemon peel cups!
France, this dessert is known as Givre’, French for “frosted”. It describes sorbet served in frozen coconut shells or whole fruit peels such as a lemon, orange, or pineapple…
How beautiful is nice cream in a frosted lemon peel “bowl”? Of course, this is just as tasty in an ice cream bowl!
Perfect to serve al fresco at a dinner party on a hot summer night, or a daytime poolside treat.
What is Nice Cream?
Nice cream is a clean and healthy vegan treat just as delicious as ice cream, without the need for added sugar, dairy, or a complicated ice cream maker.
Frosted Strawberry Lemonade Nice Cream is swirled together, frozen, and scooped into lemon peels.
This total cutie is Kylie, my niece. I am pretty darn proud of her business, creative styling, and photography skills at the age of 12. I am totally biased of course, but she has some serious talents that really blow my mind! Perhaps a future creative or food blogger?
So what is the difference between Sorbet and Ice Cream?
Sorbet – This frozen delight contains just fruit and sugar—no dairy. It’s often churned in an ice cream maker, which makes it scoopable but not creamy. Restaurants use sorbet as a palette cleanser during multi-course meals because its intense fruit flavor is extra refreshing. Sorbet is served as a non-fat or low-fat alternative to ice cream.
Ice cream is based on dairy products with air copiously whipped in, sorbet has neither, which makes for a dense and extremely flavorful product. The USDA requires this frozen favorite to contain at least 10% milk fat (which is exactly what it sounds like: fat from milk). It must also get churned during freezing, and (surprise!), be sweet.
For more information on the differences of frozen dessert treats:
Today, it is hot. Like seriously hot.
Did I mention these little-frosted desserts melt quickly on a hot day? Of course, we ate them fast to cool off.
What do you need to make this Nice Cream?
How do you make it?
All the Best Dishes,
Frosted Strawberry Lemonade Nice Cream
- 6-8 whole lemons top cut off and scooped out
- 6-8 pretty raspberries for garnish
Strawberry Nice Cream:
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 6-8 dates
- 2 cups coconut water
Lemonade Nice Cream:
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cups coconut water
- Cut the lemon top off, use a metal melon ball scoop and remove the lemon inside the shell. Slice a bit of lemon off the bottom to keep the lemon cup stable on the plate.
- Blend Strawberry Nice Cream in a high-speed blender.
- Blend Lemonade Nice Cream in a high-speed blender.
- Then spread each nice cream mixture into half of a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Take a spatula and swirl the two together.
- Freeze for a couple of hours.
- If you freeze overnight, place on counter to soften up for about 30 minutes before scooping into the lemons.
- Using a small 1″ ice cream scoop, fill the lemons to top, and push several more scoops on top, press a raspberry on top. Or simply serve in bowls with raspberries.
- Freeze nice cream filled lemons with raspberries for a couple more hours or overnight and serve.