Last Updated July 7th, 2021 at 10:35 pm by Lisa
Make an ice cream cake this summer, this Oreo ice cream cake has an incredible red velvet cookie crust, layers of ice cream, pound cake, caramel, chocolate sauce, whip cream, and fun sprinkles!
For years, I have made this ice cream cake in a 9 x 11 glass pan, and that is fine and works really well.
But don't you think the "cake shape" and patriotic spirit is adorable and one of the best 4th of July Desserts? Honestly, I make this oreo ice cream cake year-round...
How To Make An Cream Cake:
Ice cream cakes work fine in glass 9 x 11 dishes, but using a springform pan really works!
A springform pan is often used for cheesecakes, and are round cake pans with a bottom that pops out, held by a locking collar forming the sides and keeping liquid from dripping out.
Nope! In fact, it popped right out of the ring so easily once it was frozen overnight.
The one I bought, has a very sturdy base, and only a tiny bit dripped out. You can easily wipe off any excess drips with a damp paper towel.
Of course! Use what you have, it's so fun to make a cake shape if you want to.
Where Did You Find The Patriotic Sprinkles?
More 4th of July Frozen Desserts:
These red, white, and blue Fourth of July cold desserts will make your party one to remember, and cool down your guests!
- Angel Cake Berry Trifle Sundae by A Farmgirl’s Kitchen
- Red, White, & Blueberry Popsicles by The Suburban Soapbox
- Berrylicious Ice Pops by Joy Filled Eats
- Berries and Cream Ice Cream Pie by Joy Filled Eats
- Firecracker Popsicles by Fried Dandelions
- Berry Cheesecake Bomb Pops by Lively Table
- Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cooking on the Front Burner
- Patriotic Popsicles by Preppy Kitchen
More Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipes:
- Oreo Ice Cream Cake by Lil' Luna
- Homemade Oreo Ice Cream Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Frozen Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Cake by The Kitchn
Happpppyyyyy July 4th! I love this holiday, it's time to cook, relax, and float in the pool...YAY!
All The Best Dishes,
Ice Cream Cake
red velvet oreo crust
- 1 package red velvet Oreos, crushed or regular ones
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick melted butter)
ice cream cake
- 12 oz container real vanilla bean ice cream
- 12 oz pound cake
- 12 oz chocolate sauce (Hersheys)
- 15 oz caramel sauce
ice cream cake "frosting"
- 24 oz Cool Whip 2 12 oz containers!
- 1 jar Patriotic 4th sprinkles
- Make room in the freezer for a round springform pan (or 9 x 13 glass dish).
- Meanwhile, take the ice cream out of the freezer to soften for 2 hours.
make the oreo crust
- Melt a stick of butter in microwave in a small bowl.
- Crush red Oreos in a zip lock bag, roll with rolling pin. In a small bowl, mix crushed Oreos with melted butter.
- Press crushed Oreo butter mixture into the springform pan (or 9 x 13 glass dish) use the bottom/side of measuring cup. Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
assemble the ice cream cake
- Cut brown sides off pound cake, and slice into small ½-1” pieces.
- Take pan out of the freezer, and place pound cake pieces in the bottom, spread evenly.
- Pour/spread ½ container of melted ice cream (reserve ½ container soft vanilla ice cream) all over the top of red Oreo crust and smooth with a small spatula.
- Drizzle about ½ of each container of chocolate sauce and caramel sauce all over the melted ice cream. Don't add too much chocolate sauce or it is TOO sweet! Pour the other ½ of melted vanilla ice cream on top and smooth evenly.
decorate the ice cream cake
- Refreeze overnight, then remove the springform pan ring by unlocking the clamp. Leave the ice cream cake on the spring form pan plate. Decorate with Cool Whip using a small offset spatula, sprinkle with patriotic sprinkles on sides and top.
- Rereeze the cake an hour or so, then carefully cover with clear plastic wrap until ready to eat. Enjoy, this is a beloved family favorite turned patriotic!