Grilled Corn - Mexican Chile Lime Elotes
Grilled Corn - Mexican Chile Lime Elotes are fire-grilled over high heat, and brushed with a creamy cilantro sauce made from clean fresh ingredients.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time8 mins
- 1/4 cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 serrano fine diced, seeds removed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ears fresh corn silks removed, husks tied
- Cotija cheese
- pinch Hatch Chile powder hot
- extra lime slices and chopped cilantro for garnish
In a food processor, blend the avocado oil mayo, cilantro, lime juice, serrano chile, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt. Blend until combined. Chill until ready to use.
Clean the silks from corn and pullback the husks. Tie with string or long piece of husk. Dip or briefly soak the corn husks in water, to help prevent husks from burning.
Preheat grill, gas or charcoal, to 500 degrees. It is hot enough when you can hold your hand above grill for only one second.
Grill corn 2 minutes per side, about 8 minutes total. Rotate until all sides have char marks. If the husks burn, just move till the flame goes out.
Remove from grill on a platter, and brush the cilantro sauce all over the corn, sprinkle with cotija cheese, and sprinkle with a pinch of Hatch chile powder. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5.2% | Vitamin C: 9.7% | Calcium: 0.2% | Iron: 2.6%