Last Updated May 21st, 2023 at 11:56 pm by Lisa
Ice cold Blueberry Lemonade captures Summer in every sip. This tasty summer drink can be made in minutes with homemade blueberry syrup, fresh lemon juice, and sweet honey.
The combination of berry and lemon is so refreshing. You can make a pitcher, or serve in cute mason jars with handles, and garnish with berrys or mint...
Enjoy all the summer has to offer, spend some time putting together a small party or a picnic with sandwiches, and make some memories, be sure to pack some ice-cold lemonade!
Homemade Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup extra fine granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4-6 fresh lemons (1 ½ cups lemon juice)
- 4-6 tablespoons of honey
- fresh mint garnish
Step 1: Make Blueberry Simple Syrup
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down about 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the blueberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer, press down to get all the blueberry juice in through, and let cool.
Step 2: Squeeze the Lemon Juice
Using a hand juicer, squeeze 1 ½ cups of lemon juice from the lemons.
Step 3: Mix the Blueberry Lemonade
In a large pitcher stir the blueberry simple syrup, lemon juice, honey, and 5 cups of water.
Step 4: Chill and Serve
Serve over ice, with blueberries in mason jar glasses. Garnish with lemon slices, mint, or blueberries.
Blueberry syrup will last chilled in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks in an airtight container or jar.
Classic lemonade is great for picnics and parties. Serve it with grilled burgers, hot dogs, and some side salads like pasta or potato salad.
You can also enjoy lemonade with desserts like cookies or ice box pies, or with a birthday cake.
You can take any fruit or berry and make a simple syrup. Try flavors like pineapple, strawberry, raspberry, or cherries.
On a hot summer day, add plenty of ice, and top off the lemonade with the fizz of a clear soda.
More Summer Picnic Food Recipes
Summer picnic food is easy with Pressed Italian Sandwiches that are neat to hold and eat. This pressed picnic sandwich recipe is bursting with flavor from the olives, pepperoncini, salami, deli meat, and more.
Serve your sandwiches with some Classic Macaroni Salad, Watermelon Salad served in the carved-out watermelon, or a fantastic Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad, and be sure to bring some Blueberry Lemonade that will make your picnic complete...
Get my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for more Delicious Table recipes!
Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup extra fine granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 4-6 lemons
- 4-6 tablespoons honey
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- blueberry puree
- Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Strain blueberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve, and press down to get all the blueberry juice in through and let cool.
- Squeeze 1 ½ cups of lemon juice.
- Mix the cooled blueberry syrup, fresh squeezed lemon juice, local honey, and 5 cups water.
- Chill in the fridge.
- Serve over ice with blueberries, lemon slices, and garnish with mint.
- You can make a pitcher and serve in cute mason jars with handles
- Garnish with lemon slices, blueberries, and mint.
- Classic lemonade is great for picnics and parties. Serve it with grilled burgers, hot dogs, and some side salads like pasta or potato salad.
- You can also enjoy lemonade with desserts like cookies or cool ice box pies or a birthday cake for a children's party.
Oh my word... my mouth started watering at the first picture! I'm pinning this so I can have it on file for later this summer (or, more accurately, later this week!).
That is so funny...I actually made this with my niece and it was so incredibly hot that day we drank all of it within just a few hours!
Nicole Wilder says
Yum! This looks like a delicious drink recipe to try this summer! Thanks!
Kid approved, and just saying you can turn it into an adult sipper!
This sounds so good and like the perfect summer treat! I'll definitely be making this for my son this week, he loves his blueberries! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for your comment Nicole! Hope your son loves it as much as we do...
This looks so refreshing! I’ve never had this flavor of lemonade before but love blueberries so I will need tot try this at my next party I host.
Everyone really likes it! Super refreshing, and you can turn it into an adult beverage or just leave it as lemonade!
Terri Beavers says
I think this would be so refreshing. I could see me sitting outside on my deck drinking it. I love anything with blueberries in it plus they're great for pain which I have.
katrina gehman says
yes please, this looks amazing! i need to make this now.
Thank you, Katrina! Really hits the spot on a hot day...
Michelle Christie says
That Blueberry Lemonade looks so refreshing and delicious. Easy to make too. Thanks for sharing this.
Thank you for your comment Michelle! It is fun and so refreshing in summer to make a big pitcher, kids really like it!
I've tried so many different types of lemonade but never with blueberry. That sounds like an incredible combination!
Aduke Schulist says
I was sold just from reading the title. I bet this is delicious and have now added it to my "must make SOON" list.
Oh, that is great Aduke! We love lemonade, but this is a fun twist. Thank you for your comment, and happy summer!
This sounds perfect right now on these hot summer day! Love Lemonade and all the variations.
Me too Tara, stay cool out there today!
Jennifer Jordan | Joyfully Unexpected says
This recipe looks so great. I love the taste of lemons and blueberries together. I can't wait to try it.
A classic combination for sure...tastes great!
Some of my favorite summer flavors! Love the idea of adding mint- so refreshing!
Thanks Shahla! It is so hot here in Southern California, I am going to make some today to cool us off!
tara pittman says
I am very thirsty for this drink. I need to make this and will make it this weekend.
This is so summery it's absolute heaven. Plus, it doubles as a summery cocktail if you spike it with a bit of vodka. It's like that dress that goes from daytime to nighttime!