Ice cold Sweet Summertime Blueberry Lemonade! Summer in every sip. This tasty lemonade can be made in minutes with homemade blueberry syrup, fresh lemon juice, and sweet local honey. It can be made into a cocktail too with a splash of vodka or wine.
You can make a pitcher and serve in cute mason jars with handles, and garnish with blueberries and mint…
I have to thank my husband Anthony for the idea to make this blueberry lemonade. He asked if I could make him blueberry lemonade that he loved at a local restaurant. I said why sure! And with help from my niece Kylie, we tasted and sipped until we thought it was just perfect.
Not too sweet, not too tart, and a pretty color.
How To Make Ice Cold Blueberry Lemonade:
Step 1: make the blueberry syrup
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in 2 cups blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down about 3-4 minutes.
- Strain blueberry mixture through a strainer or cheesecloth and let it cool.
Step 2: Squeeze the Lemon Juice:
Using a hand juicer, squeeze 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice from the lemons.
Step 3: Mix the Blueberry Lemonade
In a large pitcher: stir blueberry simple syrup, lemon juice, local honey, and 5 cups water.
Step 4: Chill in the fridge and serve
Serve over ice, with blueberries in mason jar glasses.
Garnish with mint.
Hmm, looks like someone had some sips from this glass?
WHAT ARE THE BEST PICNIC FOODS TO PACK OR SHARE AT YOUR NEXT OUTDOOR PARTY?
What else goes with ice cold, blueberry lemonade? Well, the best recipes to make for a picnic outdoors are food that can be served in small containers and passed around, or held in your hand like a cut sandwich that stays together. Small bite size desserts that hold their shapes (and don’t melt) are a great choice as well! Here are some favorite summer recipes that our family loves.
- Picnic Basket Pressed Sandwiches
- Macaroni Salad -Dot’s Original Family Recipe
- Refreshing Watermelon Mint Feta Salad
- Easy Picnic Pasta Salad
- American Potato Salad
- Skinny Italian Tuna Salad Wraps
- Ice Cold Sweet Summertime Blueberry Lemonade
- Pineapple Coconut French Madeleines
- S’more Cookie Dough Truffles
It was so hot, and well we got thirsty…so…well you understand. Which of course I had to try for you guys, it was super refreshing. Happy Summer….
All the Best,
- 1 cup extra fine granulated sugar
- 2 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 4-6 lemons
- 4-6 tablespoons local honey
Combine the sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down, about 3-4 minutes.
Strain blueberry mixture through a strainer and cheesecloth and let cool.
Blueberry simple syrup, fresh squeezed lemon juice, local honey, and 5 cups water.
Chill in the fridge.
Serve over ice with blueberries and garnish with mint.