Cool Refreshing Watermelon Mint Feta Salad recipe served in a watermelon bowl. Serve chilled on a hot day for a summer picnic, beach or pool party!
The feta cheese is optional…
We make it without the feta and it is so refreshing out by the pool on a hot summer day. Serve it nice and chilled right from the fridge…
Be sure to PIN this Refreshing Watermelon Mint Feta Salad:
Refreshing Watermelon-Mint Feta Mint Salad
Cool Refreshing Watermelon Mint Feta Salad served in a watermelon as the salad bowl. Serve chilled on a hot day for a summer picnic, beach or pool party!
- Yield: 6-8
- Cuisine: Salad
- 1 small watermelon, washed
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, minced (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese, optional (8 oz for a larger watermelon)
- Wash skin of watermelon in cool water and a splash of vinegar.
- Slice a small portion off the bottom of the watermelon so it sits flat on the counter.
- Cut the top off, about 2 ” down to form your salad bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk olive oil, orange zest and juice, lime zest and juice, mix in mint, and feta cheese.
- Using a small melon baller, scoop out all the watermelon, into a the medium bowl, leaving just the watermelon rind. Pour any remaining watermelon juice into bowl. Toss to combine all ingredients well.
- Place the watermelon salad back into the carved out watermelon, and garnish with mint sprigs.
- Keep covered with plastic wrap in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled.
Hot days and watermelon, ahh summer is so good! Enjoy..
All The Best Dishes,
For a classic timeless salad, try my Green Goddess Salad Dressing (it’s actually my Mom’s recipe!)…