Last Updated July 21st, 2020 at 03:24 pm by Lisa
Coleslaw is a classic vegetable side dish with thinly sliced cabbage and an EASY Mason jar dressing in 15 minutes! This is a vinegar base dressing, with no mayo, and is great with pulled pork sandwiches.
Links in this post are Amazon Affiliate Links to products I use and love.
Which Kind Of Cabbage For Vinegar Coleslaw?
QUICK PREP TIP: You can buy bags of pre-shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix and save time!
Will Fresh Coleslaw Keep Overnight?
Yes, but it is best to not mix the dressing with the cabbage. Wait till a couple of hours before your party, pour on the dressing do a quick toss and it’s ready!
How Long Will Coleslaw Keep Fresh?
Thinly sliced cabbage and carrots will last at least 3 days in a well-sealed container. The coleslaw dressing will last up to 30 days in a sealed Mason jar in the refrigerator.
What Coleslaw Goes With Pulled Pork?
Well, this recipe of course! For the BEST Pulled Pork Sandwiches, try this recipe. The clean vinegar coleslaw is perfect with the pulled pork.
Other Great Recipes To Eat With Coleslaw:
Vinegar Based Cole Slaw Recipe ~ by Billy Parisi
Vinegar Coleslaw (No Mayo) ~ by Downshiftology
LOVE this recipe? Please take a minute to leave a star rating and a comment. Readers want to hear how it turned out for you! I read, appreciate, and reply to each one.
Please follow Delicious Table on Pinterest and leave a comment or photo of your recipe!
How To Make Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons whole celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- 2 cups carrots shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups purple cabbage thinly sliced
Mason Jar Coleslaw Dressing
- In a small Mason jar with a fitted lid , combine the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, celery seeds, sea salt, and pepper. Shake until well combined for 1 minute.
- On a cutting board, thinly slice green and purple cabbage. Using a box grater, grate the carrots (or buy pre-grated) and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing on the purple and green cabbage and carrots, and toss using tongs. Best if served that day.