Last Updated June 18th, 2019 at 08:49 pm by Lisa
Serve this light and refreshing Sparkling July 4th White Sangria recipe at your Independence Day celebration. Made with sweet fruit and white wine, serve it all summer!
How patriotic are the little white stars?
What is Classic Spanish Sangria?
For Sangria to be well…Sangria, it should have at least two different fruits with one citrus fruit. Classic Spanish red wine sangria is made with red wine, lemons, limes, and oranges.
How To Make White Sangria Recipe:
Use a crisp dry white wine, a sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio works well for this white sangria as it is lighter than chardonnay. I have used Chardonnay many times and it is delicious as well.
The basic idea of Sangria is to slice fruit so it infuses into the WHITE wine. Let it chill in the fridge overnight in a large pitcher at least 5 hours so the fruit can infuse. If you like it sweeter, stir in some sugar, apple juice, simple syrup, ginger ale or 7up.
Serve in a glass over ice, or with fun ice cubes in different shapes. Try freezing fruit or berries into the ice cubes for a fun touch. Add some additional splashes of sparkling water or champagne. Not everyone adds something bubbly, but it adds a festive sparkle!
What Fruit To Use for White Wine Sangria?
- lemon juice
How To Make Little White Stars for the Garnish:
Now for those cute white stars!
The white apple stars are cut from 1/4″ thick round slices of apple. I used Granny Smith apples and placed the cut apple stars in a small bowl with freshly squeezed lemon juice to keep them a white color.
Just pour the stars and the lemon juice right in the pitcher, and garnish with a couple of stars on each glass of white sangria!
How To Make Star Flag Ice Cubes:
Using a star ice cube tray, add flag pics at the half-way frozen point. Then pop out of the tray for a fun drink garnish along with the white apple stars and a striped straw.
Frozen star-shaped ice cubes, look so festive and are quick and easy if you want to skip making the apple stars. I made them in a silicone tray found on Amazon, it takes seconds and looks so pretty.
Happy July 4th Everyone!
July 4th Recipes To Serve With White Sangria:
Sparkling July 4th White Sangria Recipe
- 1 bottle of white wine pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc , or chardonnay
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 small box fresh strawberries sliced
- 3 granny smith apples
- 24 ounces of 7 up soda or sparkling water or champagne optional
- straws flag pics, star-shaped ice cube tray
- Slice strawberries and cut pineapple chunks, place in pitcher.
- Add blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
- Save a few stars for garnish.
- Add the rest of the white apple stars with the lemon juice in the pitcher.
- Pour a bottle of wine, and either 7up soda or sparkling water. Add champagne if desired.
- Mix, cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Serve in glasses with straws, and flag pics, and star ice cubes, and white apple stars for garnish.