Low sugar and under 100 calories, these skinny Hibiscus Tea Cocktails are low carb, vegan, keto, and gluten-free. A healthier refreshing festive drink!
Hibiscus tea has some wonderful health benefits too…
In late summer I started to change my eating and exercise habits and heard about hibiscus tea and it’s health benefits. I am certainly not a health expert, so do your own research on this but what the “experts” are saying, is that hibiscus tea provides many health benefits. And I am all for that!
So I set out to make a low calorie, low carb, low sugar “go-to” cocktail for the WIN!
Hibiscus Tea Health Benefits:
Relief from high blood pressure and high cholesterol, calming to the digestive and immune system and helps with inflammation. All GOOD!
Recipe For Hibiscus Tea Cocktails:
- 4 hibiscus tea bags Tazo brand- Passion herbal tea has hibiscus, orange peel rose, hips and passion fruit~ its what I use!
- 2 cups boiling water
- organic liquid stevia drops a healthy calorie free/zero carb sweetener made from the stevia leaf
- 1 shot of vodka per cocktail Tito’s is gluten free, and 100 calories per 1.5 oz shot
- sparkling mineral water zero calorie Perrier, La Croix etc
- squeeze fresh lime or lemon juice
- garnish: oranges slices fresh or dried
Make a concentrated tea: place 4 tea bags into 2 cups boiling water. Let steep for a minimum of 5 minutes or until cool. Tip: a cocktail shaker works great to steep tea, just wait till it cools to handle it.
Once cool, put ice in a glass, add 1 shot vodka (a gluten free brand if possible), a couple splashes of concentrated hibiscus tea, squeeze of lime, 5-7 drops liquid stevia, top with lime sparkling water, and stir.
Garnish with a slice of orange, thin lime slices, rosemary stem with cranberries
Now that is what I am talking about, a festive, healthy and refreshing cocktail without the guilt from sugar, carbs, and calories!
Be well, and be healthy.
All The Best Dishes,
Try Meyer Lemon Tapenade, a healthy appetizer or snack and is perfect for entertaining…
Spicy Pumpkin Pie Candied Pecans are great with drinks…also makes a wonderful food gift!