Last Updated June 24th, 2021 at 09:49 am by Lisa
Champagne Cocktails glitter with real gold and bubbles from champagne or prosecco. A festive chic holiday sipper perfect for New Year's Eve!
Are you ready to toast to all the luck in the world and serious goal conquering in the new year? Goal setting is all that much easier with a beautiful sparkling gold easy champagne cocktail by your side...
You'll Love These...
- They require only a few ingredients. I told you they were EASY champagne cocktails!
- They are so pretty and festive. Who doesn't want to ring in the new year with a little golden sparkle?!
- They will impress your guests. See above. Hand these out before the ball drops and hear the oohs and ahhs from your guests!
Let me show you how to make these easy champagne cocktails...
Let's Mix Um!
To make these gold cocktails, you will need:
- Gold Shimmer Sugar (more on how to find this below)
- Gold Goldschläger Vodka or Other Liquor with Gold Flakes
- 1 bottle Champagne (or sub Prosecco)
- 3-5 dashes of Angostura Bitters (optional)
TIP: Let the champagne flutes dry before the party, chill the champagne and gold liquor and you are ready.
I'm glad you asked! To make these cocktails, you will:
Step 1: Dip the rim of your champagne flutes in water, and dip the rim in gold edible sugar.
TIP: Set out two plates for this process: one for water and one for the gold edible sugar. Simply dip the rim of the glass in the water on one plate, and dip in the gold sugar on a second plate!
Step 2: Pour one shot per glass of Gold Goldschläger, Vodka or Liquor with Gold Flakes into the glass.
Step 3: Top with Champagne or Prosecco. A few dashes of bitters to balance the sweetness.
Easy, right?! You'll be a champagne cocktail pro in no time.
What Kind of Liquor Should You Use in These New Year's Cocktails?
For these New Year's Eve Sparkling Gold Champagne Cocktails, I used Goldschläger liquor which does have a very small amount of real gold on it! It is measured to be about 13mg gold in a 1-liter bottle, which, according to Wikipedia, is worth about $0.52. There are also other brands with real gold flakes; feel free to use those too.
Fun fact: Edible gold leaf is made from 22-carat, 23-carat or 24-carat gold and silver alloy and is used in drinks, to decorate cakes, and for fancy desserts.
Where Can I Find Edible Gold Sugar?
Gold sugar is easy to find in cake decorating sections of craft stores. I found mine at HomeGoods! (No, it isn't real gold, but it's fun to use!)
In fact, a "champagne cocktail" is one of the IBA (International Bartenders Association) Official Cocktails.
More Holiday Cocktails
More New Year's Eve Party Recipes
There is so much more to New Year's Eve than champagne cocktails! Here are a few more recipes you may want to try for your New Year's Eve party:
- A perfect appetizer for New Year's is Shrimp Cocktail with Homemade Cocktail Sauce!
- For a celebration dinner, try serving this Gorgonzola Leek Stuffed Chicken (One Pan) or Sheet pan BAKED Lobster Ravioli in a Lemon Butter Limoncello Cream Sauce can be made ahead with wonton wrappers (no pasta) plus no boiling pots of water or fuss!
Champagne Cocktails ~ Holiday or New Years Eve Drinks!
- ½ teaspoon Gold Shimmer Sugar
- 1 shot Gold Goldschläger Vodka or Liquor with Gold Flakes
- 1 cup Champagne or Prosecco
- 3-5 dashes Angostura bitters (optional)
- Dip the rim of your champagne flutes in water, and dip the rim in gold edible sugar.
- Pour one shot per glass of Gold Goldschläger, Vodka or Liquor with Gold Flakes into the glass. A few dashes of bitters to balance the sweetness.
- Top with Champagne or Prosecco.