Serve a “pumpkin-shaped” Everything Bagel Cheese Ball appetizer for your next Fall party, it’s always a hit! Easy to make-ahead in 15 minutes, chill, and take to a gathering.
Every time I make this, people just go crazy!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, this post may contain affiliate links. Delicious Table earns a small fee at no extra cost to you on any amazon.com purchase.
Although this easy cheeseball is not my original idea, it was all over the internet but I wanted an easy way to make the pumpkin-shape.
How Can I Make Everything Bagel Seasoning?
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (or flaked sea salt)
Mix and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
More Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipes:
- Everything Bagel Chicken with Scallon Cream Cheese Sauce (keto), by 40 Aprons
- 50 Ideas For Using Trader Joes “Everything But The Bagel” Seasoning, by Eating Well
- Everything Bagel Baked Chicken Tenders, by Averie Cooks
- 22 Ways To Use Everything Bagel Seasoning, by Taste of Home
Take a look at my Festive Holiday Cheese Balls shaped like Christmas tree ornaments too, they are SO delicious! Four flavors to choose from…all delish.
How To Make An Everything Bagel Cheese Ball:
Gorgeous Autumn Entertaining Inspiration:
Is this a gorgeous party spread for Autumn or what? My dear friend Lidy Baars from the French Garden House and I put together an easy outdoor party and menu, all set in her spectacular French garden. Her home literally feels just like I jetted off to France without a plane ticket!
We kept it simple and used beautiful things she has on hand, her home is just stunning in every way. You can see how Lidy displayed things high and low, using different textures and containers.
We gathered French Vintage cutting boards, buttery soft aged linens, one of a kind bowls, and different platters. It all came together very easily, and food and drinks really look beautiful on this so very French table.
You could set this up indoors or in the garden depending on the weather of course. Your party will come to life using what you have, cherished family items like books, baskets, and add fresh real items like flowers, fruit, pumpkins, bread, and of course delicious food!!!
More Fall and Thanksgiving Appetizer Ideas:
Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese softened, room temp
- 4 tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning (reserve 2 tablespoons for decoration) Trader Joes brand or see homemade recipe
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar (aged) shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or sub green onions
- 1 bag Pita Chips bagel chips or crackers
- 1 pumpkin stem
Easy Way To Remove A Pumpkin Stem
- Cut the top off a small pumpkin, (I used a Sugar Pumpkin) and cut off the extra pumpkin and stem using a small knife.
- NOTE: This works better than trying to pull the stem right off which will usually break. Use the pumpkin and seeds in another recipe. Try my Roasted Pumpkin Seed recipe!
Make "pumpkin-shaped" Everything Bagel Cheese Ball:
- Reserve 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning and set aside for decoration.
- In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of Everything Bagel Seasoning, sour cream, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, grated sharp cheddar cheese, and fresh chives. Using a rubber spatula, mix and form a round ball in the bowl.
- Next, place the cheese ball mix on a large sheet of plastic wrap, and pull the wrap up around the cheese ball and tie tightly at the top to form a ball shape. Cut 3-4 pieces of butcher string about 2 feet long each. Lay them in a star pattern over each other, place the wrapped cheese ball in the center and tie up and around tightly to form the pumpkin shape. Chill in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours or overnight until your party.
- When ready to serve your cheeseball, simply unwrap, cut the strings, sprinkle with another 2 tablespoons of everything bagel seasoning all over evenly. Place the pumpkin stem on top, and serve with pita chips, crackers, or bagel chips!