Last Updated June 16th, 2019 at 02:27 pm by Lisa
Pink Grapefruit Green Detox Smoothies taste as good as they look! Sweet, clean, and full of green goodness and healing ingredients to detox and nourish you.
Dear friends sent a gift box of gorgeous ruby pink grapefruit, and I thought how can I use these in a clean healthy recipe? And this is what they became…
Kari from Get Inspired Everyday! wrote a post for Pink Grapefruit Green Smoothies and I thought what a fresh new twist on smoothies to add citrus juice from the grapefruit.
This recipe is inspired and adapted from Kari’s fresh take on green smoothies.
Pink Grapefruit Green Detox Smoothies
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 large pink grapefruit juiced or ruby red grapefruit like I used
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 inch piece fresh grated ginger*
- add ice cubes as desired
- Juice the pink grapefruits into a bowl.
- Place pineapple, banana, chia seeds, spinach leaves, and grated ginger into high speed blender.
- Pour grapefruit juice into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve in tall glass with straw and grapefruit wedge garnish.
- Enjoy, and be well!
It is all about that balance thing, right?
The words green smoothie can make a few of us cringe, but try these detox smoothies. You will love the taste, and feel healthier, I promise.
All the Best,
Here are some more clean and healthy recipes you might enjoy!
Homemade Granola Yogurt Breakfast Parfaits are great to make ahead for a grab and go breakfast!