How To Make a Pineapple Bowl:
How To Make Pineapple Bowls
Step-by-step instructions to make Pineapple Bowls (pineapple boats), use to serve pineapple chunks, tropical coconut rice, teriyaki or huli huli chicken.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 pineapple bowls
- one large fresh pineapple
how to make pineapple bowls:
- Using a large knife cut the pineapple lengthwise and through the leaves into 2 halves.
- Use a small serrated paring knife, cut around the edge of the pineapple leaving about 3/4” of the outside of the pineapple.
- Next, remove center core by cutting down both sides of the core at a slight angle.
- Remove the center core of the pineapple.
- Slice the pineapple into chunks.
- Use a large serving spoon, scoop out the pineapple chunks, save the juice ~ drink it or make a smoothie!
- Place pineapple chunks back into the bowl.
- Keep chilled in the fridge and serve within a day.
Pretty to serve fresh pineapple chunks, or for dishes like tropical coconut rice, teriyaki or huli huli chicken.
I have always loved warm tropical places for vacation and a relaxing island vibe. When we can’t stick our toes in the sand the next best thing is to bring the islands home to us.
All The Best Dishes,
And the best way to use these pineapple bowls is for Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken Pineapple Rice Bowls…
Another pineapple recipe you might have to try is Pineapple Coconut French Madeleines a perfect snack with tea or coffee…
Missing the islands? Bake these Island Macadamia Peppermint Bark Shortbread Cookies