Last Updated January 8th, 2022 at 05:29 pm by Lisa
Easy Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins are a simple to make with 3 ingredients. Super moist and cheesy, with the right zing of jalapeño, serve with butter.
Fall isn't Fall without making these easy cornbread muffins! With these baking in the oven, your whole kitchen will be full of the delicious smell of cheese and cornbread with a hint of spiciness from the added jalapeño. They are pretty much fall perfection in a muffin tin...
Why You Will Love These Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
- They will go well with just about any dinner you can imagine! We really like to eat these cornbread muffins with a hot bowl of chili. Leave me a comment and let me know the dinners you've enjoyed them with!
- They taste great with regular butter or honey butter. I can never decide which way I like them most: served savory with salted butter or sweet with honey butter.
- They take only 35 minutes to make. Who can argue with that?
- They contain only THREE ingredients. Recipes don't get much easier than three ingredients! The star of the show is a Marie Callender's cornbread mix... it's definitely my go-to!
- They take only THREE steps. Three ingredients, three steps... can you see why we love this recipe in my household?
- They're casual, but still holiday-friendly. Need a quick holiday savory muffin recipe? No one is going to complain when you whip up a batch (or two) of these!
Ingredients for Easy Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
Just three simple ingredients to make this easy cornbread muffin recipe:
- 1 bag of Marie Callendar's Original Cornbread Muffin Mix (this is definitely the best cornbread muffin mix I've found, but if you can't find it for some reason, you can subsitute another cornbread muffin mix)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
- 1 tablespoon La Victoria canned diced jalapeños (if you can't find this specific brand, any canned diced jalapeños will do!)
Now let's make some easy cornbread muffins!
How to Make This Easy Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins Recipe
Step 1: In a large bowl, mix the Marie Calendar's cornbread mix with 1 ½ cups of water, stir in the 2 cups of grated cheese and 1 tablespoon of finely chopped canned jalapeño. I like to use the La Victoria canned brand, but any other brand will work just fine. Stir until lumps disappear.
Step 2: Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter ⅔ of the way full into paper lined muffin tins.
Step 3: Bake at 375 for 25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Can you believe it? Only three steps to make these delicious cornbread muffins!
What to Serve with Easy Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
On the cornbread muffins: Serve with butter or honey butter.
With the cornbread muffins: These muffins go really well with my recipe for Slow Cooker Turkey Chili. In fact, I would go so far as to say these two are best friends, and if you come to a big football game at our house, chances are pretty good we will serve this winning combination, oh and you will probably have seconds!!
My Pork Loin Pulled Pork: Oven Roasted Low and Slow is also a perfect dish to serve with these cheesy cornbread muffins. Yum!
What Goes with Cornbread?
Cornbread in general goes well with a variety of dishes, including:
- Chilis (of course!) and soups
- Roasted chicken
How do you like your cornbread?
Are These Moist Cornbread Muffins?
Oh yes they are! They're firm yet moist... perfect cornbread muffins in my opinion!
The History of Cornbread
Cornbread originated with the Native Americans and was made by grinding maize into meal and mixed with water. The European settlers who came over took a liking to the recipe and began making their own versions of cornbread and integrated some of their cooking techniques. As you may know, cornbread went on to become a staple of southern US cuisine!
There are many types of cornbread, including:
- Baked cornbread
- Hot water cornbread
All The Best Dishes,
Easy Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
- 1 Bag Marie Callendar's Original Corn Bread Muffin Mix
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon La Victoria canned diced jalapeños
- In a large bowl, mix the Marie Callendar's cornbread mix with 1 ½ cups of water, stir in the 2 cups of grated cheese and 1 tablespoon of jalapeño. Stir until lumps disappear.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter ⅔ way full into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with butter or honey butter.