Last Updated June 22nd, 2019 at 06:14 pm by Lisa
Make Ahead Dinner Rolls (Pull-Apart Bread) are beautiful and easy to make. Brush with melted butter, and add toppings you love like grated cheeses & herbs!
Why You Will Love Making, Serving and Eating Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls!
- Party Dinner rolls are a family favorite, yummy, and fun! They look so pretty and everyone will talk about them.
- Everyone can pick their favorite flavor. These pull-apart rolls will make everyone happy! No disappointment because you didn’t make “the best” flavor. Everyone can grab the flavor they like best.
- There are NO rules here. Use any toppings you like!
- They may be “party” dinner rolls, but they’re easy enough for everyday dinner rolls. They are great even for a weeknight dinner. Grab a bag or two of frozen rolls in your freezer section, and use toppings you have on hand.
The only “bad” thing about these dinner rolls is they go fast… so you’ll need to be prepared and make plenty!
Ingredients for Party Dinner Rolls
These Party Dinner Rolls are pretty much up to YOU! The only required ingredients are…
- 1 package frozen Bridgford White Rolls Dough or frozen Parkerhouse Style Rolls (dough), or similar dough*
- 1/2 stick melted butter
*While Bridgford products are sold in most of the U.S., their white rolls and Parkerhouse style rolls dough isn’t sold in every state. (You can search for product availability here.) If you can’t find them in your local grocery store, look for similar unbaked frozen pull-apart dough rolls.
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Minced dry onions
- Chopped fresh dill
- Chopped fresh chives
- Lemon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Chopped almonds
Yum! You are only limited by your imagination here.
How to Make Party Dinner Rolls
Step 1: Spray coconut oil or a non-stick spray in an ovenproof pie dish or pan.
Step 2: Arrange the frozen dough roll pieces about 1″ apart in the pan or dish.
Step 3: Let the dough rise for about 3 hours, in a warm place in your kitchen. Or if you want to let it rise slowly overnight, cover with clear wrap and leave in the refrigerator overnight. The dough will double in size in about 2-3 hours on the counter or overnight in the fridge.
TIP: You can rise the dough overnight in the fridge, just cover with clear wrap. In the morning, brush with melted butter, and decorate with toppings, and bake.
Step 4: When you are ready to bake, brush each dough piece with melted butter.
Step 5: Sprinkle toppings on each roll.
TIP: Alternate flavors to make your pull apart rolls pretty!
Step 6: Bake per the package, 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Can I Reheat Dinner Rolls?
Yes! Leftover rolls can be reheated for 10 minutes in a 300-degree oven.
What are the Best Frozen Dinner Rolls to Buy?
I love baking from scratch…. but boy storebought rolls come in handy! Especially when you’re making these Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls where the magic happens in the toppings.
I love Bridgford frozen dough because it bakes up so well, as good as homemade! If you can’t find Bridgford in your area, try looking for Rhodes Bake-N-Serv dinner rolls. (The Rhodes store locator is here.) Just like Bridgford, they come frozen and need time to rise before baking. (this post is not sponsored by these brands)
Can I Make Party Dinner Rolls with Already Baked Pull Apart Rolls?
I have tried making Party Dinner Rolls under a broiler to quickly melt the cheese and adhere the other toppings, but it’s just not the same. The butter doesn’t infuse and they burn easily… so skip it and go for frozen unbaked dough!
More Entertaining and Party Recipes
- Another great side dish for entertaining is Elegant Crispy Baby Potatoes + Homemade Herb Butter…beautiful and easy!
- 3-ingredient Easy Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Bread Muffins served with honey butter are incredibly easy and incredibly delicious.
- Tater Tot Nachos “Totchos” with Pulled Pork and Tomatillo Sauce because who doesn’t want to eat tater tot nachos?! Tater tot fans will go crazy over these!
- Cuban Pulled Pork Sliders will be a huge hit at parties too!
- Oh, and you can’t forget to make these Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Scoops!
When I first made these Party Dinner Rolls, not only were they tasty, they were a topic of conversation at the table. A few people have already started asking if they are going to be on our table again this year during the holidays.
My answer is… YES! oh YES!
You will get lots of “are you making these again next year?” too. They are a crowd pleaser for sure!
All the Best Dishes,
Dinner Rolls (Pull-Apart Bread)
- 1 package frozen Bridgford White Rolls Dough or frozen Parkerhouse Style Rolls
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- Toppings: grated cheddar cheese grated parmesan cheese, poppy seeds, minced dry onion, sesame seeds, chopped fresh dill, chopped fresh chives, lemon pepper, chopped fresh parsley, paprika, or chopped almonds.
- Spray coconut oil or a non-stick spray in an ovenproof pie dish or pan.
- Arrange the frozen dough roll pieces about 1″ apart in the pan or dish.
- Let the dough rise for about 3 hours, in a warm place in your kitchen. Or if you want to let it rise slowly overnight, cover with clear wrap and leave in the refrigerator overnight. The dough will double in size in about 2-3 hours on the counter or overnight in the fridge.
- When you are ready to bake, brush each dough piece with melted butter.
- Sprinkle toppings on each roll, alternate flavors to make it pretty.
- Bake per the package, 375 degrees for 15 minutes.