Last Updated June 28th, 2019 at 01:52 pm by Lisa
Easy Parmesan BAKED Hash Browns in muffin tins get crispy golden edges and soft centers. Make ahead & bake for breakfast or brunch, great leftovers!
Hash browns for breakfast can take a lot of time, be messy, and are usually filled with oil.
These oven hash browns are much easier than making them on the stove top with all the mess.
Simply bake in your oven, and you’re done!
I love the fast clean up. We served Parmesan Baked Hash Browns for a brunch, and they were a hit for the party. There is something so fun about serving individual goodies to fill your plate and go back for 2nd’s (or 3rd’s).
Make-Ahead Parmesan Baked Hash Browns:
Step 1: Fill the muffin tin to the top with the hash brown potato mixture, and press with a spatula to level the night before, and cover with plastic wrap.
Step 2: When you are ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap, and pop in the oven to bake and bake 45-60 minutes at 400 degrees until crispy.
What Hash Brown Potatoes Can I Use in Parmesan Baked Hash Browns?
You can use any frozen hash brown potatoes to make frozen hash browns in the oven. The Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns (brand) are dry out of the package saving a step. (This recipe is not sponsored by Simply Potatoes, I just really like their products!)
You can find them near the eggs in your grocery store. If you use frozen hash browns, the trick is to dry them very well using a salad spinner to get the water off, or a clean dish towel to dry them. Press and press to get all the water out. This helps them crisp to a golden brown!
This recipe is so easy and can be made ahead which is great for parties and entertaining. By the way, these Parmesan Baked Hash Browns are wildly popular on Pinterest, pinned over 250K times…Might be how you found it here!
Skip the mess and hassle of stove top hash browns, and bake hash browns in the oven! Hey, these oven hash browns make terrific leftovers too..just reheat in the oven or microwave. More great breakfast ideas are below, and be sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow us for more recipe inspiration!
All the Best,
Like Parmesan Baked Hash Browns? Here are some more Breakfast and Brunch Recipes:
Watch Our Video For Parmesan Baked Hash Browns!
Parmesan Baked Hash Browns
- 1 bag frozen hash brown potatoes, dry of ice/water (or use the brand Simply Potatoes Hash Browns – they are dry out of the package, you will find them near the eggs in your grocery store)
- 1 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup Kraft grated parmesan cheese or real grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Defrost the potatoes overnight in the fridge.
- Spray your non-stick muffin tins with coconut oil non-stick spray.
- Press potatoes dry (this helps them crisp) in a large mixing bowl with paper towels.
- You can also use a salad spinner to help dry the potatoes.
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl.
- Scoop into muffin tin, and evenly distribute all the hash browns each cup, and press down just a little bit.
- Bake 45 minutes at 400 degrees until crispy.
- Store leftovers (if any!) and reheat in the microwave. These make a great on the go breakfast for school or work.