Last Updated June 15th, 2019 at 06:07 pm by Lisa
Hand dip Pancake Muffin Bites in warm maple syrup in small bowls on each plate. Have fun decorating with blueberries, mini chocolate chips, and raspberries!
A handheld pancake muffin? Yes. Genius.
I saw these cute breakfast pancakes, and decided to make them for a brunch. What a hit! My husband and our friends thought they were a fun, yummy breakfast treat. Kids and especially the little ones, will simply love holding their pancakes and not using a fork. Dip into little bowls of warm maple syrup, and watch the smiles at your breakfast table or brunch party!
Use a scoop or spoon sprayed with coconut non-stick spray to fill the sprayed muffin tin. The pancake batter is quite thick, and this recipe makes 24 mini muffins.
Have fun decorating them, I love the idea of cinnamon sugar…we will try that again one day soon.
Add the topping you love, I chose blueberries, raspberries, and mini chocolate chips!
Pancake Muffin Bites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Blueberries raspberries, mini chocolate chips or melted butter and cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together buttermilk, eggs and melted butter. While whisking, pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture and mix just until combined (batter will be slightly lumpy). Allow batter to rest 2 minutes.
- Spray each well of two 24 mini muffin cup pans with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each muffin well about 2/3 full (a heaping Tbsp into each. I have a 1 1/2 Tbsp cookie scoop and filled it nearly full). If adding toppings, add 4 blueberries in each, or 1 raspberry, or 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips. If doing cinnamon sugar topping, once the plain muffins are baked, brush tops lightly with melted butter, remove from pan and immediately roll in cinnamon sugar (these taste like churros!).
- Bake in pre-heated oven 10 – 12 minutes (they won’t color much, or maybe the top element in my oven is slacking, but they should be nice and puffed and centers shouldn’t be wet. You can break one open to test).
- Cool one minute then invert onto a wire rack (for the blueberry version you may need to run a sharp knife around edges to loosen). Serve immediately with warm maple syrup in little bowls on each plate.
Finished baked pancake muffins, so fun and pretty! Dip in little bowls of warm syrup.
A brunch party can be so much fun for both kids and adults.
These pancakes can be prepped ahead, popped into the oven, and kept warm until guests arrive. Look below for more festive breakfast or brunch party recipe ideas!
All the Best,
For more breakfast and brunch recipe ideas, try my Parmesan Baked Hash Browns
Try this recipe, even if you aren’t a scone fan, you will love these Mini White Chocolate and Raspberry Scones