Last Updated June 15th, 2019 at 05:03 pm by Lisa
This recipe is sponsored by Melissa’s Produce. Make a St. Patrick’s Day natural green party tray with veggies, fruit, and a vegan avocado tahini dip. Pop into beautiful green salads, or pack in lunches!
A BIG thank you goes out to my friends over at Melissa’s Produce who sponsored this post with all this fresh, gorgeous ALL GREEN produce! What a fun time I had putting this tray together…
St. Patrick’s Day Natural Green Party Tray Tips:
Use a green tray or a cutting board, some small bowls for the dip and edamame, and add a few pretty flowers. Anything green works on this tray, you could add pistachios, olives, or green apples. Use up what you have on hand too.
Try a crinkle cutter ( I cut the celery with it) and a small shamrock cookie cutter to add fun veggie cuts, get creative!
St. Patrick’s Day Green Party Tray + Avocado Tahini Dip (vegan)
Avocado Tahini Dip
- 2 ripe avocados mashed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cold water
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 cups parsley leaves cut from a bunch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Natural Green Dippers (Melissa’s Produce)
- 1 fioretto cauliflower
- 2-3 kiwis
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 bag sweeties green grapes
- 1 bag mini cucumbers
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 box sugar snap peas
- 3 green bell peppers
- 3-6 stalks celery
- 1 box edamame (Melissa’s fully cooked)
- 1 green cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes (sprinkle on edamame)
- 2-3 baby artichokes (steamed)
- Rinse, cut and arrange green fruits and veggies on a large tray or board. I used a green tray, some small bowls for the dip and edamame, and put a few pretty flowers. Try a crinkle cutter and shamrock cookie cutters to add some fun to the cut veggies, get creative and have fun!
- In a high-speed blender, mix the avocado tahini dip. Add the lemon juice, water, avocado, tahini, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt. Mix until smooth, stop the blender and scrape down the sides and blend until smooth and creamy. Will keep for about 1-2 days well covered in an airtight container.
What is Tahini?
Tahini is a paste or butter made from ground sesame seeds. It is creamy and nutty, and good for you, but it is high in calories, so it is best used mixed in recipes like dips.
What are the health benefits of tahini?
- Jam-packed with fiber, protein, & good fats
- Great source of vitamins & minerals (calcium, B vitamins, magnesium, iron, and copper)
- Promotes overall health, helps to prevent disease
- Improves existing conditions, lowering bad cholesterol and reducing high blood pressure
How do you use tahini in recipes?
It can be used in recipes similar to almond butter and peanut butter to add a creamy texture. It provides good amounts of protein and various minerals, and you can read all about the health benefits of tahini.
For more healthy tahini recipes, take a look at Ceci Sibony’s site Sesamaise. Tahini is now a trending ingredient on Google, and Ceci is helping to create peace in the MiddleEast by sourcing tahini from both Israeli and Palestinian family businesses. Love what she is doing, great stuff!
Happy HEALthy St. Patricks Day, serve up a clean real food tray, that is fun and have some treats too! Pack extras left over in lunches and snack healthy all week on bright green clean delicious fruits and veggies!
The Best Dishes,
Light-Healthy Apple Broccoli Grape Salad has all the crunch and beautiful green colors you want in a salad, eat that rainbow!
Another green salad, that definitely isn’t boring… Frozen Iceberg Wedge Salad with Pistachio-Avocado Dressing…