Last Updated September 16th, 2019 at 05:11 pm by Lisa
Zesty Zucchini Refrigerator Pickles are ready to eat in 30 minutes! These are quick, with no canning required, and will keep refrigerated for 30 days.
The cold pickling brine gives these zucchini pickles a zippy flavor and crisp texture, and what a great way to use up the summer squash that grows so fast in our gardens…
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, this post may contain affiliate links. Delicious Table earns a small fee at no extra cost to you on any amazon.com purchase.
How To Make Crinkle Cut Zucchini Pickles:
All these zucchinis came from my neighbors garden, and as soon as I saw them I thought PICKLES!! The recipe I used is similar to one I learned at a pickle class and workshop.
These require NO CANNING and are ready in 60 minutes!
What other Summer Squash will work in this recipe?
More Homemade Quick Pickle Recipes:
- If you like pickled things, try these Refrigerator Pickled Green Beans, they are perfect for a Bloody Mary garnish or a healthy snack.
- Pretty pink Pickled Red Onions are made in under and learn different ways to use them! (they are awesome on grilled burgers and tacos)
- Make some Jalapeno Garlic Dill Refridgerator Pickles, they are easy and no canning required!
Zesty Zucchini Refrigerator Pickles
- A knife, mandoline with a wavy blade or a crinkle-cut knife.
- 10 cups zucchini 1/4” thick slices
- 6 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons sea salt or pickling/canning salt
- 4 teaspoons mustard seed yellow or black
- 4 teaspoons dill seeds
- 4 teaspoons ground turmeric
- Rinse zucchini well, and cut into 1/4” slices using a mandoline, crinkle cut knife or regular knife.
- In a large stainless saucepan, mix vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, dill seeds, and turmeric. Bring to a boil over medium heat and dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes for the spices to infuse.
- Set the pickling liquid aside until just warm to the touch. Note: If the brine is too hot, it will cook the zucchini and make the pickles soft instead of crisp.
- Place cut zucchini slices in clean Mason jars, pour the cooled pickling liquid in the jars, place lids/rings, and keep in the fridge for up to a month. You will have some pickling liquid left over.