Last Updated May 15th, 2018 at 04:08 pm by Lisa
Refrigerator Pickled Green Beans, use as a spicy Bloody Mary garnish for game day!
No canning required, keep refrigerated in Mason jars for up to 2 months.
Refrigerator pickles are quick, and that is why I love to make these at home. Since they are not processed in a canner, they must be stored in the fridge.
The vinegar combined with the cool fridge temperature aids in preserving them, but the lack of heat and true canning means they won’t keep for long periods of time. So it is best to allow them to marinate in the fridge for 2 weeks and use within a couple months.
- 4 clean Mason jars lids, rings
- 2 pounds green beans or yellow wax beans
- 4 garlic cloves 1 per jar
- 4 hot chili peppers fresh or dry (1 per jar)
- 1 bunch of fresh dill 2 sprigs per jar
- 2 teaspoons black or color peppercorns 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns/jar
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes 1/4 teaspoon/jar
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds 1/2 teaspoon/jar
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 6 cups water
- 6 tablespoons sea salt or pickling/canning salt
In a large saucepan, stir together the vinegar, water, and salt. Heat on medium high and bring to a boil, dissolving the salt.
In each jar, place: 1 garlic clove, 1 hot chili pepper, 2 sprigs of dill, 1/2 teaspoon pepper corns and 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds. Pack green beans into the jars so they are standing on their ends.
Ladle the boiling brine into the jars, filling to within 1/2 inch of the tops.
Cool to room temperature, and place lids and bands on jars. Store in refrigerator and eat within a couple months.
Use clean Mason jars and lids, I run my jars through the dishwasher and place lids in hot water simmering on stove to ensure they are clean.
Try easy refrigerated pickled green beans in a bloody mary, you will be very glad you did!
All The Best Dishes,
These Refrigerator Pickled Green Beans are a great garnish for Roasted Hatch Chile Spicy Bloody Marys…