Hard-boiled egg recipes that include the original Cobb Salad recipe, a potluck 7 Layer Salad, 2 flavors of Pickled Eggs including spicy and pub style, Macaroni Salad perfect for picnic potlucks and game days, Egg Salad Sandwiches, Ham Salad, and more.
Once you try my super easy steam boiled method, you will get perfect eggs every single time that peel like a dream!
This unique collection has creative ways to use leftover eggs plus holiday recipes. Put together these deviled egg recipe ideas on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, or Christmas...
There are so many ways to use a big batch of hard cooked eggs in recipes!
Whether you have a large box of fresh or leftover dyed Easter eggs from the Easter Bunny. They won't go to waste with a list of good recipes.
Boil the whole bunch to use in delicious ways all week saving time, it's quite economical and packs in protein. 🥚🐔🧺
The Best Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe
Over the years, I have settled on steaming as the best way to get egg boiling right. After testing a lot of different ways to hard cook them including:
- pressure cooker
- instant pot
- steaming ✅
There are many people who swear by using older ones, fresh eggs, starting at a high heat in hot water, starting in cold water, using boiling water, adding salt, pricking the end of the egg with a pin, baking in the oven, using an instant pot, and so many more ways.
Why The Steam Method Works The Best!
- With just a few simple steps, these gave the best results in terms of the color of the cooked egg yolks and they didn't get the dreaded green ring.
- I tested both extra large eggs and regular white ones. This recipe works with all types of eggs. They all turned out great every single time when steamed.
- The eggwhites were not rubbery.
- And the creamy yolks were a gorgeous bright yellow.
- Easy cleanup, pop the pan and steamer basket in the dishwasher!
- Also, I love that you don't have to boil a huge pot of hot water, and found this to be an easy way to get through the cooking process with the best results as the low amount of water in the saucepan comes to a rapid boil very quickly.
Basically, this recipe involves starting with cold eggs. Place and in a single layer into a steamer basket with an inch of water for perfect boiled eggs.
And 12 minutes of cook time steaming them. Turn off the heat. Use a slotted spoon, and place them in a large bowl of ice water or ice bath to chill for 15 minutes, and add more ice if necessary.
Then you simply roll each one on a cutting board or any flat, hard surface until the egg cracks, then to peel eggs, the shells will slip right off! Dip in a bowl of clean water to remove any pieces of shells. You will get perfectly smooth hard boil eggs to use in recipes!
You can print off this recipe to use later, and there is a step by step video as well!
Recipes With Hard Boiled Eggs
Boiled eggs are a versatile kitchen staple! Chop into Potato Salad or slice for a French niçoise salad made famous in the south of France in the city of Nice. Try them mixed into a shrimp or Healthy Tuna Salad with the crunch of diced celery, capers, and dressing sauces made with mayo or Greek yogurt.
Classic Egg Salad Sandwiches
The best egg salad recipe starts with perfectly cooked eggs and fresh, quality, simple ingredients. Mix together into a rich creamy texture with fresh dill for a simple egg salad sandwich. You can make it a healthy egg salad with Greek yogurt too. And loaded onto any choice of bread like Rye or Pumpernickel sandwich bread with a pickle on top! Pack for your next picnic and it is also great on toast for breakfast!🥚🌿🥪
Spread your egg salad recipe with dill on white, rye, or pumpernickel bread. It is also great to add some more minced fresh dill, fresh red onion, or try my Pickled Red Onions! They are fantastic with egg salad...
7 Layer Salad
Seven-Layer Salad also known as an overnight salad or "7 Layer Salad", is a colorful party food recipe that serves large groups, and everyone goes for seconds. It has layers of crisp lettuce, sliced eggs, crisp bacon, green onions, tomatoes, grated cheese, and fresh peas. And pour the dreamy dressing on top. Make a day ahead, and kept in the fridge overnight before your party! 🥗💚🍅🥚🥬
Classic Cobb Salad
There are so many egg dishes in the world, here is an all-time favorite, the Classic Original Cobb Salad. This great recipe is from the Original Brown Derby in Hollywood California and is one delicious recipe!
It is served with a Special French Dressing aka Cobb Salad vinaigrette dressing and is loaded with delicious toppings like tomato, cubed chicken, crumbled bacon, avocado, cold chopped eggs, and fresh chives.
A simple dish that was made late one night for a hungry customer has become an iconic American recipe. 🥚🥬🍅🍗🥓🥑🌿
Afternoon Tea Sandwiches
Choose from over two dozen creative small bites from classic cucumber tea sandwiches from Buckingham Palace fit for a Queen, egg salad sandwiches, easy ham salad, and so much more.
There are many varieties of flavors and shapes of dainty finger sandwiches. Thinly sliced cold meats, vegetables, spreads, and finely chopped fillings of typically ham or chicken salad or cucumber with a cream cheese spread are very popular worldwide.☕️🌸🫖
Ham Salad Sandwiches
Ham Salad is a tasty spread on crackers as an easy appetizer. But it's most famous for a ham salad sandwich recipe! Oh, and it's a fantastic way to use up all that leftover holiday ham.
Pack up sandwiches in school or work lunch boxes, or take them on a picnic. Also, this classic ham salad recipe layers beautifully into little finger sandwiches for baby showers, bridal showers, and luncheons.
Easter Deviled Eggs
Put out a plate of Easter Deviled Eggs that look like little spring baskets, they have fresh herbs and edible flower garnish plus tons of tips. A traditional deviled turned Eastery...🥚💐🐰🪴🧺
A classic Macaroni Salad recipe loaded with chopped eggs, crunchy celery, Dill Pickles, and the secret ingredient pickle juice! A cherished old-fashioned family recipe and a real crowd-pleaser. The mustard, chopped pickles, and pickle juice make it super tangy and tasty. 🥚🥣🌿🍽
Jalapeno Pickled Eggs
These have a touch of heat. As a bonus, you get pickled garlic cloves and jalapenos out of the jar too! 🥚🌶🧄
Chili Pepper Pickled Eggs
These Yellow Pepper Pickled get their bright cheery color from yellow chili peppers, turmeric, and pickling spice. A fun easy recipe and a good idea for a healthy protein-packed snack ready in 7 days.
This recipe is a take on the wildly popular ones served at Joe Jost's pub in Long Beach, California. People go there just for these and a cold mug of beer!🥚🌶🧄
Thanksgiving Deviled Eggs
Thanksgiving Deviled Eggs are an easy appetizer party food idea. Gorgeous Fall color, garnished with sage and thyme to celebrate the season. And it's so fun to color the yolk mixture in a pretty color for Autumn.
Serve them on a rustic board or tray, and watch them vanish. 🥚🍂🧡🪴
Christmas Holiday Deviled Eggs
Sprinkle a few sparkling ruby red pomegranate seeds with sprigs of rosemary and celebrate the season. 🥚🎄🎅🏻❤️
Halloween Deviled Eggs
Halloween Deviled Eggs are spooky party appetizers with dark black crackled egg shells filled with bright orange filling. Make these with food-safe dye, in orange, green, purple, or black colors.
This classic simple appetizer is great to make ahead and have with Halloween cocktails. 🖤🎃
Food Trends For Extra Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Many people top Avocado Toast with fried or chopped boiled eggs piled on a slice of bread with avocado!
- Portuguese pizza aka “Brazilian” pizza is a Portuguese-style pizza with toppings of Ham, calabresa sausage, bell peppers, sliced tomato, onion, black olives, and Sliced Eggs. Variations may also include green peas or corn.
- Mix up a quick Egg, Tomato, and Avocado Salad. In a bowl, add 2 diced leftover hard-boiled eggs, ½ cup cubed avocado, 1 small heirloom tomato or some Cherry Tomatoes. Then sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, toss, and enjoy.
-classic nicoise salad
-old fashioned chicken salad
-egg salad breakfast toast
-breakfast soft boiled
-meal prep salad bar
-egg salad sandwiches
-avocado egg toast
-classic egg salad
Peeled hard boiled eggs should always be in the fridge and eaten within 7-10 max. Boiled in their shells will last 14 days.
12 Recipes For Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 dozen organic eggs
- In a medium large pot, add an inch of water to the bottom of the pan and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Place your steamer basket or steaming rack in and carefully place eggs onto the steamer basket with a slotted spoon in a single layer if possible. I found that if you load on alternating sides, it keeps it from tipping over into the boiling water.
- Cover with a lid and steam for 12 minutes of steaming time.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- After 12 minutes of steaming, turn off the heat and place all them in the ice bath to chill for 15 minutes, add more ice if necessary.
- Roll the egg on a cutting board or any hard surface, until it cracks, then slip the shells right off! Dip in a bowl of water to remove any pieces of shells. You will get perfectly smooth hard boiled eggs to use in recipes.