Last Updated May 15th, 2021 at 09:17 pm by Lisa
Easter recipes for 10+ desserts; Easter Cookies, Bunny Cake, Coconut Macaroons, Strawberry Cake, Easter Cupcakes, Peach Cheesecake, and more!
Each year I try to come up with creative recipes for Easter dinner, Spring celebrations, and potluck parties with family and friends. These are the desserts everyone always loves...
In my humble opinion, people really love to enjoy a bite here and there of appetizers and dinner of course, but they ALWAYS remember dessert!
And one of the best parts of this time of year is snacking and relaxing on Spring desserts. Right?
This cake is one of the first recipes I ever remember making. I baked this bunny cake (with Mom's help) and took it to a school bake sale, I was so proud of it!
What an adorable Easter bunny cake, it is made from two round cakes, vanilla frosting, and decorated with candy...
These Coconut Macaroons are a drop-style cookie using shredded coconut. They have rough edges that turn brown are chewy inside, they look like a bird nest, and are so fun to decorate! 🥥🍪
Some people call these "Bunny Bums", as these naughty bunnies are digging up the garden. 🐇🍃😂 The decorations are easy to find online and in craft stores...
Chocolate Bunny Cupcakes
One Easter, I found some silicone baking cups that looked like garden pots at the craft store (they work great in paper wrappers too), and baked cupcakes with a cake mix, grabbed some little chocolate bunnies, and some sprinkles. These are so easy and fun to make! 🍫🧁🐰
Years ago, I was offered some Strawberry Cake by friends at a gathering, and it tasted so good I decided to create my own recipe.
I used all-natural ingredients, no dye, jello, or preservatives. 🍓🍰 The strawberry buttercream frosting 🥣 is divine...
Many times, dessert scones are cakey, dry, and crumbly. These raspberry scones are soft, light, and fluffy because they are made with crème fraîche and heavy whipping cream. These are everything you want...💕🥣
A recipe that came from my Mom, it was one of our favorites. Only 7 ingredients and 30 minutes for this refreshing easy summer dessert! 🍑🥧
Coconut-Lime Lemon Bars
A tropical version of traditional lemon bars, the toasted coconut shortbread cookie crust, and lemon-lime filling is simply out of this world.
The crust on these Coconut-Lime Lemon Bars gets golden, it is after all a cookie! This easy lemon bar recipe has tart lemon and lime notes balanced with sweet coconut, what could be better in a dessert...🥥🍋
Pineapple Coconut Madeleines
These Pineapple Coconut Madeleines have fresh pineapple pieces and sweet coconut to create a nice crumb and prevent them from drying out while baking. Ohhhh and the tropical flavors take you straight to an island paradise...🍍🥥🌴
Cake Mix Cookies
Who doesn't love cookies? 🐰🥣🍪 Cake Mix Cookies are such a popular dessert right now. Mix a box of cake mix, butter, eggs, and decorate with some Easter candies...
Who doesn't love sugar cookies? A famous holiday and party dessert, these Easter Sugar Cookies 🐰 💕are a classic butter sugar cookie recipe drizzled with vanilla buttercream and Easter Egg sprinkles...
Full Recipe Printable Below...
Decorating Easter Cookies
Chill the dough before baking. It really helps the cookies to cut easier and hold their shape while baking.
Cut the cookies ¼" thick, this makes a nice cookie.
-You can freeze this buttercream, simply place it on the kitchen counter and bring it to room temperature.
-Snip a small corner off the zip-top bag, and use a back and forth motion to ice your cookies, then add colorful Easter sprinkles.
More Easter Desserts
- 55 Easter Desserts by Delish
- 31 Colorful Easter Desserts by Brit+Co
- 62 Easy Easter Desserts by Wilton Blog
10+ Easter Desserts ~ Easy Easter Cookies!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg I used EggBeaters, it works perfectly!
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons orange juice freshly squeezed from an orange
- 1 tablespoon good vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
Vanilla Buttercream Icing
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter softened, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-6 tablespoons milk add more milk if necessary until icing is easy to decorate on cookies
- Easter sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add sugar and softened butter. Mix until combined.
- Next add egg, baking powder, orange juice, vanilla, and mix. Next add flour gradulally, mix until well combined.
- Wrap cookie dough in plastic food wrap and chill until firm 1-2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to ¼ thickness.
- Use Easter shaped cutter to cut out the cookies. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet at least 1-2 inches apart.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, and bake 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool the cookies completely, then decorate.
- Cream room temperature butter with a hand mixer, the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or a wooden spoon until smooth and fluffy. Next, slowly add the powder sugar until fully incorporated. Add milk and the vanilla extract, then beat for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add more milk if necessary to make it soft to ice the cookies.
Decorate The Cookies
- Fill a strong zip top bag and snip the end or, fill a pastry bag fitted with a small tip, and pipe a zig zag line back and forth over each cookie going back and forth. Next, add sprinkles on top of the frosting. Enjoy!