Bunny Butt Cupcakes are an easy dessert to make with kids for Easter. Bake cupcakes, add fluffy buttercream, and the cute decorations.
You can whip up some homemade cake frosting, or buy some at the store. The sprinkles, bunny paws, and tail are sold as a kit, so it's simple to make these adorable cupcakes really fast.
Everyone will get a kick out of these "naughty" bunnies digging up the garden on your Easter dinner table or buffet...
And Here Is The Best Part
- Bake or No-bake- your choice! Assemble with pre-made unfrosted cupcakes and frosting at your local grocery store, just ask in the bakery! I bought mine at Albertsons.
- Frost with vanilla buttercream frosting - again, make your own with this easy recipe or buy at the store, and add the cute decorations from the craft store or online.
- Everything you need is at the store, you can either use store-bought ingredients like cake mix or bake cupcakes from scratch.
- And kids, even the little ones, can help you assemble and decorate these for your Easter celebration.
How To Make Bunny Butt Cupcakes
- 12 baked vanilla cupcakes
- Vanilla buttercream frosting
- Decorations: Wilton Bunny Feet Decorations and Wilton Cupcake Wraps and Chocolate Carrots candies.
Fluffy White Buttercream
Whip up a batch of this super fluffy frosting that is so popular with readers! It is so easy, not too sweet, and a fraction of store-bought versions. It spreads so smooth and doesn't tear up cakes and cupcakes.....
Let's Put Them Together
- Buy plain vanilla cupcakes from the bakery, bake them at home from scratch, or boxed cake mix.
- Make the buttercream frosting or buy it from the grocery store.
- Use a small offset spatula to frost each cupcake on top, or pipe on cupcakes using a pastry bag.
- Pour white sprinkles into a small dish, and dip and roll the top of the cupcake to coat with sprinkles.
- Use more frosting a "glue" to stick on the feet and tail.
- Wrap each cupcake with a Wilton white picket fence cupcake wrapper. Serve on a tray with Easter candies or decorations.
You can decorate with so many sweet treats and ingredients, here are some great ways to make adorable Easter cupcakes:
-Color shredded coconut pink, blue, green, yellow, etc. for decorating. Put coconut in a small baggie with a drop or two of coloring and toss until coconut is colored.
-Frost with green icing and top with a cluster of chocolate eggs
-Add some buttercream and press a peanut butter egg on top
-Make marshmallow bunny ears. Snip large marshmallows with kitchen scissors to look like bunny ears.
-Decorate marshmallow bunny ears with pink sugar and small balls of marshmallow for the nose.
-Use thin black licorice for whiskers and two mini white jelly beans for bunny teeth.
-Order edible eyes to use on your cupcakes.
-Color regular sugar by putting it in a zip-top bag with a drop or two of food coloring, close, and mix around until you get the color you want
-Melt candy melts in different colors and pipe on decorations.
-Use green buttercream frosting with Ateco's 259 Tip "grass tip" and create a grassy cupcake top then add jelly beans or eggs.
-Shape mini birds nets from rice crispy treats, and nestle little chocolate eggs inside.
More Easy Easter Desserts
Of course, my all-time favorite is this Bunny Cake, it was the first cake recipe I baked as a young girl. 🐰💝🐇
Coconut Macaroons shaped like bird nests with chocolate eggs are so dang cute!! 🐣💛
Lemon Bars are a classic for springtime, but these take you to a tropical island with coconut and lime 🍋💛🥥
Cake Mix Cookies are an easy recipe baked in 11-minutes and just 4-ingredients. You can mix in candies, sprinkles, or chocolate chips. 💕🍪🥣
And Chocolate Bunny Cupcakes are an easy dessert. Top baked cupcakes with buttercream frosting, sprinkles, and chocolate bunnies-nothing could be easier. 🐰🥕🐇🌸🌷
Easter Cookies are great to set up a decorating station for the kids at your party, where they can decorate cookies, eggs, or a cake together. Or bake up a batch of these gorgeous Coconut Macaroon Easter Cookies!
Bunny Butt Easter Cupcake Idea
- 12 baked vanilla cupcakes
Homemade Vanilla Frosting
- 1 cup softened salted butter (2 sticks, room temperature butter)
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 5 cups powder sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Bake or buy cupcakes.
Make Homemade Fluffy Frosting
- Beat soft butter and shortening in an electric mixer on high speed with the whisk attachment until creamy for 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. At low speed, add powder sugar 1 cup at a time until smooth into the mixing bowl.
- On high speed, mix in vanilla, almond extract, and hot water for 5 minutes until fluffy and smooth. Or skip this and buy frosting from the bakery and just decorate!
Decorate Bunny Bottom Cupcakes
- Use a small offset spatula to frost each cupcake, or pipe on cupcakes using a pastry bag.
- Pour white sprinkles in a small dish, and dip and roll the top of the cupcake to coat with green sprinkles for grass.
- Use more frosting as "glue" to stick on feet and tail.
- Wrap Wilton each cupcake with a white picket fence cupcake wrapper.