Last Updated March 25th, 2019 at 07:21 pm by Lisa
Zippy, crunchy Mini Taco Bowls drizzled in easy “Mexican Crema” sauce and topped with cheese, black olives, and pickled jalapeños with taco meat filling.
Serve for a party appetizer, dinner, for that big game!
At this point, there is a 100% chance these will be making several appearances during football season, which is a big deal in our home…
These are a bit spicy depending on if you add ingredients like pickled jalapeños and hot sauce. No rules, just play with different toppings and flavors that you and your family prefer. We also used grated cheddar cheese, green onions, and yellow heirloom tomatoes.
Or try adding guacamole, salsa, black beans, and cilantro. The sauce for these taco bowls is my take on “Mexican Crema”, and adds nice taco flavor and a pretty look.
Using an inexpensive squeeze bottle from the grocery store makes it easy to drizzle. Or, just drip the crema from a spoon. Add some water to get the sauce thin enough to drizzle away…and yum!
Truth be told, Anthony and I had them for dinner the other night!
More Great Dip Recipe Ideas!
Try this Easy Guacamole Made in Traditional Molcajete, Fire Grilled Hatch Tomatillo Homemade Salsa, Jalapeno Popper Dip, Party Classic French Onion Dip, also known as California Dip, Roasted Tomatillo Avocado Salsa Verde (Green Taco Sauce), or Mom’s Garden Crudites in Light Green Goddess Dip.
All The Best Dishes,
Watch This Make Mini Taco Bowls Video!
Who doesn’t love a good homemade dip? Try this Easy Guacamole Made in Traditional Molcajete, Fire Grilled Hatch Tomatillo Homemade Salsa, Jalapeno Popper Dip, Party Classic French Onion Dip, also known as California Dip, Roasted Tomatillo Avocado Salsa Verde (Green Taco Sauce), or Mom’s Garden Crudites in Light Green Goddess Dip.
Mini Taco Bowls
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet Lawry's Taco Seasoning Mix
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 can refried beans spicy or regular
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small chopped yellow heirloom tomato
- 1 small can black olives
- 20 pickled jalapeños
- Mix: 1 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning Mix, 2 tablespoons water in a squeeze bottle, use this sauce on top of taco bowls. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Melt butter, and rest of Lawry's Taco Seasoning packet into skillet.
- Add onion and stir, then ground beef. Cook until brown about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray mini muffin tin with non-stick coconut oil cooking spray.
- Cut rounds out of the tortillas with a large can (clean and opened) or coffee cup.
- Place each tortilla round down in a muffin tin.
- Spread refried beans on bottom of each tortilla round.
- Layer a 1-2 spoon full of cooked taco meat next.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Add cheese on top, then tomato, black olives, and a pickled jalapeño.
- Last drizzle taco sour cream mixture from a squeeze bottle on each taco bowl.