Last Updated June 13th, 2019 at 08:02 pm by Lisa
Once you make Homemade Herb Butter, you will use it in so many ways it will change your cooking!
Try Homemade Herb Butter on roasted vegetables, like elegant crispy smashed potatoes, fresh hot pasta, sizzling steak Au Poivre, or oven warmed baguettes.
My Mom taught me how to make Homemade Herb Butter, and I always think of her when I am making a batch. She also taught me to snip the herbs in the jar. Of course, you can always chop on a cutting board, I just do it the way she showed me all those years ago.
How To Make Homemade Herb Butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs – minced thyme rosemary, parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- other fresh herbs to try: basil sage, dill, chives, tarragon, oregano, or green onions
Make herb butter:
- Leave butter out at room temperature for a few hours to soften. Tip: cut the cube into little cubes and it will soften faster.
- Snip fresh herbs in a glass jar with kitchen scissors until the herbs are finely minced.
- Mix soft butter, 1/4 cup finely chopped herbs, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper.
- Place your herb butter in a small sealed container, it will keep in the fridge for a week.
- Try it on toasted bread, steak, fish, or vegetables.
How To Use Homemade Herb Butter:
Rub this butter under the skin of your turkey or chicken before roasting. The herb butter flavors the poultry and keeps it moist while helping to crisp the skin of the chicken or turkey.
Once you snip your herbs in the jar if you have extra, simply screw on the lid and use the herbs up in other dishes or salads. They stay fresh for a few days!
All the Best,
Try Homemade Herb Butter on these Elegant Crispy Baby Potatoes…