Last Updated December 22nd, 2022 at 01:29 pm by Lisa
The best Sweet Potato Casserole with crunchy pecans, coconut, and toasted marshmallows. A winning Thanksgiving side or Holiday dish to serve!
Of course, you don't really have to wait until next Thanksgiving to serve it again. It can also make an appearance at any other fall or holiday gathering. Even better, it comes together in just about 30 minutes, making it the ideal last-minute side dish.
Made in minutes, and everything melts together, this is one of those guilty pleasure dishes people love...
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
1 stick soft butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sweetened coconut
1 large can sweet potatoes
1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375. Place sweet potatoes in a single layer in the bottom of a non-stick sprayed casserole dish.
- Make the crumble topping: In a medium bowl, mix pecans, coconut, brown sugar, and butter. Set aside
- Sprinkle crumbly mixture evenly on top.
- Scatter mini marshmallows.
- Bake for 20 minutes until warm, and marshmallows are golden brown.
Can You Make Sweet Potato Casserole Ahead?
Yes, sweet potato casserole is an ideal make-ahead dish. Put this dish together up to a full day ahead, and then pull it out and bake it when it's almost time for your holiday meal.
If you've wondered about sweet potatoes vs. yams, you're not alone! In fact, sweet potatoes are often mislabeled as yams in the grocery store because there is so much confusion. Here are a few key differences:
Yams have rougher skin than sweet potatoes.
Yams are starchier than sweet potatoes.
Yams require more butter, oil, or cream when cooking.
Sweet potatoes are much higher in Vitamin C than yams.
Yams are much higher in potassium than sweet potatoes.
Sweet potatoes are lower in calories than yams because they're less starchy.
Sweet potatoes are in the morning glory family and yams are in the grass and palms family.
More Thanksgiving Sides
Take a look at all the sides for your Thanksgiving feast, these are a few of my top must-have all-time favorites.
- Make these Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes with 5 Ways to Reheat them for your holiday party. hey are creamy smooth and melt in your mouth with 5 easy ways to reheat and keep warm for dinner or your holiday party.
- Sausage Dressing is the BEST holiday side (also known as sausage stuffing), you can use hot and/or mild Italian sausage, cornbread, crunchy celery, soft French bread, sweet dried cherries, and tart dried cranberries.
- Dinner Rolls is a pull-apart bread, people go crazy for these decorated with cheese and herbs are a party hit every time.
- This tropical Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce will be great additions to take or serve at your holiday feast.
Another Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole with a crumble topping and 2 secret ingredients...
Sweet Potato Casserole With Marshmallows
- 1 stick soft butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 large can sweet potatoes
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375
- Make the crumble topping: In a medium bowl, mix pecans, coconut, brown sugar, butter. Set aside
- Place sweet potatoes in a single layer in the bottom of a non-stick sprayed casserole dish.
- Sprinkle crumbly mixture evenly on top and scatter mini marshmallows.
- Bake for 20 minutes until warm, and marshmallows browned.