Pineapple-Orange Cranberry Sauce ~ Plus 8 Clever Uses!
Pineapple-Orange Cranberry Sauce has 4 ingredients, and has a wonderfully balanced sweetness, plus 8 ways to use this cranberry sauce during the holidays!
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple and juice
- 3 washed oranges zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
Combine the cranberries, pineapple plus any juice, sugar, and 3 oranges zested and juiced in a medium saucepan. Bring up to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
8 Great Ways to Use Your Leftover Cranberry Sauce
There is a 100% chance you will have extra cranberry sauce this year in your home, so let's get creative and try some new ways to enjoy extra sauce for the holidays!
Ideas for leftover cranberry sauce this holiday season:
You can also use some in my Christmas Tree Salad + Cranberry Vinaigrette recipe.
- Mix with plain Greek yogurt
- Mix into a vinaigrette salad dressing
- Make cranberry compound butter for toast or bagels
- Use cranberry sauce as a glaze for chicken or meatloaf
- Mix into soft cream cheese and spread on bagels
- Pour over waffles and pancakes
- Make cranberry baked brie
- Make cranberry parfaits
How Long Does Cranberry Sauce Last?
Cranberry sauce lasts three weeks refrigerated.
Can You Make Blood Orange Cranberry Sauce?
Yes! Blood oranges have a distinct flavor (with a hint of raspberry) that will go well in this Pineapple-Orange Cranberry Sauce. Replace one or all of the three standard oranges in this recipe with blood oranges to make a blood orange cranberry sauce.
Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 27.8mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.1mg