Meyer Lemon Tapenade
Delightfully fresh Meyer Lemon Tapenade (olive tapenade)one of the fastest appetizer recipes, and has many other uses in your cooking!
- 1 cup green olives pitted and drained
- 1 cup Kalamata olives pitted and drained
- ¼ cup capers drained
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 Meyer lemon you can use regular lemons, Meyer lemons are sweeter
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Combine all ingredients (except olive oil) in a small food processor, pulse 8 times. (or if doing by hand, finely chop green and kalamata olives, capers, and parsley on a cutting board. Then add to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients)
Next, add olive oil, scrape down the bowl, and pulse 4 more times.
Stores well in mason jars in the fridge for up to a week.
If you don't have a food processor, simply chop the green and kalamata olives, capers, and parsley finely on a cutting board, and mix with other ingredients in a bowl.
Try tapenade on grilled vegetables, grilled chicken, or toss into a salad, or with pasta and herbs.
- pita chips
- cut vegetables
- baguette slices
more Tapenade uses:
- serve on crostini
- toss into Greek salads
- sprinkle as a homemade pizza topping
- add to pasta red sauce
- spread on pressed Italian sandwiches
- add into tuna salad
- a topping for deviled eggs
- put into compound butter, use on fish
- baked into bread loaves for olive bread
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 677mg | Potassium: 24mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.4mg