Sun Dried Tomato Butter (Compound Butter)
Sun Dried Tomato Butter is amazing on hot pasta, roasted vegetables, sizzling grilled steak, or oven warmed baguettes and dinner rolls.
- 4 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes finely chopped
- ½ cup butter soften at room temperature
- ¼ cup fresh herbs minced rosemary, parsley, thyme, basil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt optional if using salted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- other herbs to try! sage, dill, chives, tarragon, oregano, or green onions
Leave the butter out at room temperature for a few hours to soften. PRO TIP: cut the cube into little cubes and it will soften faster.
Snip fresh herbs and sun dried tomatoes in a small mug or glass jar with clean kitchen scissors until the herbs and tomatoes are finely minced.
Mix soft butter, ¼ cup finely chopped herbs and sun dried tomatoes, ½ teaspoon sea salt and 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, in a small bowl with a spatula.
Place your sun dried tomato butter in a small sealed container with a lid, it will keep in the fridge for a week. Or place on parchment paper in a log shape, roll and twist ends closed-keep in fridge or freeze for longer storage.
Place on plastic wrap or parchment paper in a log shape, roll, and twist ends closed. Place in a ziptop bag, and freeze for up to 2 months.
OR Place your compound butter in a small sealed container with a lid, it will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
sun dried tomato butter uses
- Melt on hot pasta
- Try it on toasted bread, steak, fish, or vegetables.
- Great to slice off on a sizzling hot steak
- Rub under the skin of your turkey or chicken before roasting. The butter flavors the poultry and keeps it moist while helping to crisp the skin of the chicken or roasted turkey.
Once you snip your herbs in the jar if you have extra, simply screw on the lid and use the herbs up in other dishes or salads. They stay fresh for a few days!
I have always used salted butter for my compound butters, but unsalted works just fine. You can leave out the salt if you wish.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 278IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg