Buffalo Cauliflower "Wings"
Buffalo Cauliflower is a healthy appetizer that tastes like "Buffalo Chicken Wings". Dip Cauliflower Wings in blue cheese or ranch dip!
- 1 head of cauliflower about 5 cups of 2-3” florets
- 1 cup milk or almond/plant based milk
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour or sub rice flour (gluten-free flour)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic (or 1 ½ teaspoons minced jar garlic)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (or ¼ cup fresh parsley)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (or 2 tablespoons dried chives)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 dashes hot sauce
Cauliflower Batter Coating
Pre-heat oven to 425F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper (or spray the pan well with coconut oil non-stick spray).
Next, mix the batter: milk (or almond/plant based milk), water, flour (or rice flour), salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl until the batter is thick and is able to coat the cauliflower. PRO TIP: It's important the batter is thick to cling on the cauliflower.
Dip all the cauliflower pieces in the batter, shake off excess batter as you remove each piece of cauliflower and lay on a sheet pan in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes at 425.
Buffalo Sauce Coating
Next while the cauliflower is baking, on low heat, make the buffalo sauce, simply melt butter in a small saucepan and 1 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce. Just as it starts to melt, remove from heat, stir together and set aside.
Once the cauliflower has baked, remove them from the oven and dip all the “wings” into a large mixing bowl with the buffalo sauce. Return cauliflower to the sheet pan and bake in the oven for another 15 minutes or until reached desired crispness.
Once baked, arrange hot buffalo cauliflower “wings” on a platter, with a bowl of ranch dip, garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!
Top Recipe Tips:
- Cauliflower: Cut your cauliflower florets with some stem into small pieces about 1- ½ inches long, similar to a chicken wing size.
- Baking: Your oven needs to be HOT for this recipe, set the temp to 425 degrees to get your cauliflower wings to be crisp and have the right texture. If they are soggy, it might be due to the oven temp being too low!
- Batter: When you mix the batter, dip in a piece of cauliflower, it should hold onto it but the extra should drip off. Adjust your batter to thicken or thin if necessary.
- Buffalo sauce: Easy to make, just melted butter and Franks Hot Sauce-that's it.
- Serving: Bake and serve these hot right from the oven to your guests with a cool creamy dip like ranch or blue cheese.
Serving: 10g | Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 1027mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 137IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1mg