Remoulade sauce is a popular condiment or dipping sauce, usually paired with seafood, cold meats, and fried foods like French fries.
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup vegetable oil or Mayo?
- ½ cup chopped yellow onions
- ½ cup chopped green onions green and white parts
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard or Creole mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
Combine all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until fairly smooth, about 30 seconds.
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using. The sauce will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. You can also put the remoulade sauce in a plastic squeeze bottle for easy use.
Remoulade will keep refrigerated for two weeks. Store in an inexpensive plastic squeeze bottle.
variations to add:
- chopped pickles like cornichons
- fresh tarragon or chervil
- seafood or fish
- shrimp cocktail
- grilled salmon
- crab cakes
- fried food: French fries or fried green tomatoes
- BLT sandwich spread
- hot dogs or sausages
- potato salads
- roast beef topping
- softshell crab sandwiches
- roasted artichokes
Serving: 24g | Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg