Make homemade Cajun seasoning with common spices. Use Cajun spice on chicken, shrimp, steaks, fries, or classics like jambalaya and gumbo!
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon white pepper optional
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
Mix all the spices together in a bowl.
Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months, small glass jars work well or airtight containers.
You can add in other spices and seasonings like dry mustard, parsley, crushed red pepper, white pepper, celery seed, chipotle pepper, dried jalapeno, cumin, dried red or green bell pepper.
Cajun seasoning uses:
Well just about everything! Try Cajun seasoning as an all-around seasoning blend on grilled chicken, oven fries, it is great on shrimp, steaks, pork, corn on the cob, roasted veggies, and classics like gumbo, maque choux, shrimp po-boys, shrimp etouffee, and jambalaya. You can even sprinkle it on popcorn, make cajun deviled eggs, or Cajun dipping sauces.
Calories: 16kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1001mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 926IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg