Festive Christmas Salad | Pomegranate Mason Jar Dressing
Easy and festive Christmas Salad with an easy pomegranate mason jar dressing sprinkled with spicy candied pecans, pear slices as the trees, dried cranberries, pomegranate seeds, and raspberries!
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup pecans or make Spicy Candied Pecans
- ½" slices D'Anjou pears cut with small tree cookie cutter
Mason Jar Pomegranate Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate juice store bought or fresh squeezed pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 orange zested and juiced (zest first!)
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Make the Mason Jar Pomegranate Dressing
To a mason jar, add the pomegranate juice, apple cider vinegar, orange zest, orange juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt. Close the lid and shake for one minute until combined. Store in fridge until ready to use. Reshake to combine right before serving.
Assemble the Festive Holiday Salad
Using a small cookie cutter, cut pears lengthwise into ½ " thick large pieces, then cut out tree shapes. Keep in a little bowl with some water and a little lemon juice to keep from browning.
In a large salad bowl (or on individual salad plates) layer fresh spinach leaves, pecans, pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries, raspberries, and top with D'Anjou pear trees. Serve with dressing on the side, or toss into salad.
Make The Pear "Tree" Garnish:
Slice ½" flat slices of pear, and use a small tree-shaped cookie cutter, to then cut out Christmas tree pear garnish. Make 4-5 per salad plate.
To Seed (Arils) A Pomegranate:
- Cut the ½" off the top crown of the pomegranate where the stem is, and set aside.
- Using a small knife, run the knife down the pomegranate skin along the white pith to the bottom, but not through the bottom center of the pomegranate (this keeps it held together for the next step).
- Continue all the way around the pomegranate until cuts are made down the sides.
- Crack open the pomegranate and remove the center white core pith.
- Now break each piece over a bowl and pop out the seeds by running your fingers gently over the aril seeds. This does take some time, and remove be sure to remove the white pith bits that fall into your bowl.
- Enjoy your pomegranate seeds!
Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 277mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 2860IU | Vitamin C: 24.4mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1.5mg