Sausage Stuffing Dressing Recipe
The BEST Sausage Dressing (stuffing recipe) will be a Thanksgiving side dish holiday hit! It has Italian sausage, cornbread, French bread, and more!
- 1 box cornbread stuffing
- ½ loaf French bread cut into 1" cubes
- 32 oz Italian Sausage mild and or hot (bulk sausage)
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup butter
- 8 stalks celery finely sliced
- 2 onions finely sliced
- ¾ cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 28 oz chicken stock
Brown and crumble sausage in a large pan, drain, and place sausage in a large mixing bowl.
In the same pan, melt ½ cup butter (1 stick), add finely sliced onion and celery, salt, and pepper.
Cook for 5 minutes until translucent. Add the onion/celery mixture to the large bowl.
Add the bag of cornbread dressing, french bread, dried cherries, dried cranberries, and parsley. Using a large spoon, mix and stir in the chicken stock.
Scoop into a large baking dish, sprayed with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour until golden brown, serve hot.
- If you make this dressing recipe a day ahead, it only gets better. The first day is fabulous, but oh that second day it gets even better!!
- It freezes perfectly in ziptop bags.
- It's so rich that it's a meal in and of itself! Each year, I make two GIANT mixing bowls of this delicious stuff.
- Have takeout containers for people, and I usually pop some in the freezer.
- The texture of this is incredible, there is something different in each bite. Soft, crunchy, crispy, with chewy all in one happy dressing.
- It hits all the right notes! Cornbread is a classic stuffing start, and the cubed french bread adds chunky pieces of bread to soak up all the flavors.
- Dried cherries and dried cranberries add just the right bit of sweetness and bright color.
- Fresh parsley and celery really freshen up this dish.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 5.3mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.3mg