Ice cold Blueberry Lemonade captures Summer in every sip, it is made in minutes with homemade blueberry syrup, fresh lemon juice, and honey.
- 1 cup extra fine granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 4-6 lemons
- 4-6 tablespoons honey
Combine the sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down, about 3-4 minutes.
Strain blueberry mixture through a strainer, and press down to get all the blueberry juice in through and let cool.
Squeeze 1 ½ cups of lemon juice.
Mix the cooled blueberry syrup, fresh squeezed lemon juice, local honey, and 5 cups water.
Chill in the fridge.
Serve over ice with blueberries, lemon slices, and garnish with mint.
- Add a splash of vodka or wine, and you have an instant summer cocktail.
- You can make a pitcher and serve in cute mason jars with handles
- Garnish with lemon slices, blueberries, and mint.
I used fresh blueberries, but frozen will work just fine!
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 54g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 28.4mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.3mg