Homemade Fruit Popsicles Recipe
Homemade real Fruit Popsicles are made with coconut water, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. These are refreshing low-sugar treats for hot summer days. But you can certainly mix it up and make these creamy, sweeter, or to your tastes. With an inexpensive popsicle mold and 10 minutes of time, you can have popsicles waiting in your freezer in about 3 hours.
- 10-20 slices strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 box coconut water
Place the sliced strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries in the popsicle mold.
Pour in the coconut water to the top.
Place the metal cover on top of the mold, and push the popsicle sticks into the mold.
Freeze for 3 hours.
Run water over the mold to release the popsicles.
Popsicles Flavor Additions
Skip all the added sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and artificial flavors of store-bought ones. These frozen beauties are so "guilt-free". They are a healthier treat you can let the kids have more than one. Here are inspiring ideas to mix up the flavors with all kinds of fresh fruit and other sweet additions.
- Creamy Popsicles: make creamy popsicles, just add ¼ cup of one of these; coconut milk, coconut cream, Greek yogurt, or heavy cream. Simply add the creamy addition to pureed fruit in a blender, and blend the mixture until smooth.
- Sweetness: to make them sweeter, add honey, agave, maple syrup, or even a dash of vanilla extract. Try different substitutions that go with the fruits you choose.
- Fruit Juices: In place of coconut water, try a different kind of juice like apple juice, orange juice, grape juice, and cranberry juice. You can also add a splash of lemon juice or lime juice! Clear juices or liquid let you see the fruit inside the ice pop.
- Popsicle Recipes to Try: lemonade popsicles, root beer popsicles, watermelon popsicles, creamy cherry popsicles, chocolate fudge popsicles, banana popsicles, cookies and cream, pineapple popsicles, and strawberry popsicles.
more fruit to try!
cut mango or pineapple
orange or tangerine slices
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 32IU | Vitamin C: 102mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg