Parmesan Lemon Vinaigrette
Parmesan Lemon Vinaigrette is made in a mason jar, this homemade salad dressing recipe made in minutes with real lemon and parmesan cheese!
- 1 cup good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallot (peeled and minced)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 whole lemon zest (zest first!)
- 1 whole lemon juice (regular or Meyer lemons)
Finely mince the shallot and grate the parmesan cheese.
In a clean mason jar with a fitted lid, add all the ingredients; olive oil, white wine vinegar, shallot, Dijon mustard, parmesan cheese, sea salt, pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice. Place the lid on tight, and shake for about a minute. That's it!
Re-shake jar with lid on to recombine, drizzle over salad.
You can use a blender, or Vitamix, and blend away or a whisk and bowl. But a mason jar is so fast and easy, and stores perfectly in the fridge!
The olive oil will firm up in the fridge, just pull the dressing out about 30 minutes before using, and give it a good whisk or shake in the jar.
Leftover Vinaigrette Ideas
- It's divine on a salad full of fresh tomatoes.
- Use as a chicken marinade, and roast or grill.
- Toss it in a feta salad made with bell peppers.
- It pairs perfectly with pasta salad, just toss it on.
- Give it a try drizzled on crusty fresh bread.
You can substitute apple cider or red wine vinegar for white wine vinegar. White wine vinegar is milder than regular distilled vinegar and better for dressings.
Calories: 142kcal | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 8mg | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 1.6mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 0.1mg