Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Bowls
Easy, healthy slow cooker turkey chili bowls made with black beans. Great for dinner or the big game! Toppings: grated cheese, green onions, and sour cream.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium yellow onions diced 2 cups diced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or Melissa's Produce Hatch Chile Powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 beer Lagers give rich flavor-I use Boddington's
- 28 oz organic tomatoes
- 1 small can green chilis low heat
- 2 cans organic black beans drained
- grated cheese - Mexican 4 cheese blend
- sliced green onions
- sour cream
- Serve with tortilla chips
In a saute pan or a slow-cooker with the saute setting, saute diced onions in butter until just turning brown.
In the slow cooker, add all 7 spices to the browned onions, and stir for 2-3 minutes.
Add turkey, tomato paste, beer, tomatoes, green chilis, and black beans. Stir to combine.
Cook for 4 hours on low in Slow Cooker. Stir once an hour.
Option for Stovetop: In a large pot, saute onions and 7 spices, brown ground turkey, add tomato paste, beer, tomatoes, green chilis, and black beans. Cover and cook 1 hour on medium-low heat.
Stir and serve in bowls with grated cheese, sour cream, green onions, and tortilla chips.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 68g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 151mg | Sodium: 1583mg | Potassium: 1714mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1975IU | Vitamin C: 31.6mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 8.3mg