Refrigerator Pickled Green Beans (Bloody Mary Garnish)
Refrigerator Pickled Green Beans made in Mason jars (NO canning) and keep for up to 1 month. Use as a snack, in salads, or as a Bloody Mary garnish!
Prep Time25 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 4 clean quart Mason jars lids, rings
- 2 pounds green beans, rinsed or yellow wax beans
- 4 garlic cloves 1 per jar
- 4 hot chili peppers fresh or dry (1 per jar)
- 1 bunch of fresh dill 2 sprigs per jar
- 2 teaspoons black or color peppercorns 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns/jar
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes 1/4 teaspoon/jar
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds 1/2 teaspoon/jar
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 6 cups water
- 6 tablespoons sea salt or pickling/canning salt
In a large saucepan, stir together the vinegar, water, and salt. Heat on medium-high and bring to a boil, dissolving the salt.
In each quart jar, place: 1 garlic clove, 1 hot chili pepper, 2 sprigs of dill, 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns and 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds. Pack green beans into the jars so they are standing on their ends.
Ladle the boiling brine into the jars, filling to within 1/2 inch of the tops.
Cool to room temperature, and place lids and bands on jars. Store in refrigerator and eat within a couple months.
TIP: Use clean Mason jars and lids, I run my jars through the dishwasher and place lids in hot water simmering on stove to ensure they are clean.
How Long Do Pickled Green Beans Last?
So it is best to allow them to marinate in the fridge for 2 weeks and use within a month. The vinegar combined with the cool fridge temperature aids in preserving them, but the lack of heat and true canning means they won’t keep for long periods of time.
What To Eat Them With?
Use as a snack, in salads, with a sandwich, or in a Bloody Mary as a garnish!
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 897mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 930IU | Vitamin C: 14.5mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.5mg