Grilled Lamb Gyro Wraps + Greek Tzatziki Sauce
Grilled Lamb Gyro Wraps with Greek Tzatziki Sauce are made in minutes on the grill, place on a pita wrap with cool veggies and tzatziki sauce!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Servings: 4 gyros wraps
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cucumber seeded peeled
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 egg
- 3 lb Aussie grass-fed ground lamb
- 4 pita wraps
- toppings: chopped tomatoes parsley, and cucumber
- chilled tzatziki sauce
Using a whisk, mix Greek yogurt, minced garlic, chopped cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil, chopped mint, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, this helps the flavor.
1. Preheat your Big Green Egg or grill to 400 degrees.
2. Soak wood skewers in cold water for 1 hour, or use metal skewers.
3. In a large bowl, add diced onions, minced garlic, breadcrumbs, cinnamon, oregano, parsley, rosemary, cumin, allspice, paprika, salt, pepper, and crumbled feta. Mix well, then crack in one egg and add ground Aussie lamb. Using clean hands or a spatula, combine until it comes together. Use a medium size ice cream scoop and then roll the lamb meatballs to almost 3" in size, as they will shrink on the grill.
4. Push 4-5 lamb meatballs onto each skewer leaving space in between.
5. Grill for 5-6 minutes per side at 400 degrees on your Big Green Egg or grill turning every 5-6 minutes until nicely brown.
Assemble the Gyros:
Place 3 Aussie lamb meatballs onto the pita, sprinkle on chopped tomato, cucumber, and drizzle with tzatziki sauce. Garnish with parsley, And Be Aussome!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 1190kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 80g | Saturated Fat: 37g | Cholesterol: 308mg | Sodium: 1439mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 11.3% | Vitamin C: 5.6% | Calcium: 26.4% | Iron: 38.7%