Last Updated June 22nd, 2020 at 09:25 pm by Lisa
Refreshing Tropical Hibiscus Spritzers, are an easy Summer cocktail made with St-Germain, Prosecco, hibiscus tea, and a splash of club soda over crushed ice.
How To Make The Tropical Hibiscus Spritzer:
Step 1: Add crushed ice to each glass, let the glass chill for a few minutes.
Step 2: To each glass add 1 shot of hibiscus tea, 1/2 shot St. Germain, and 1 cup Prosecco, and a splash of club soda.
Step 3: Garnish with small tropical flowers like purple orchids and Madagascar jasmine.
How To Make Hibiscus Tea:
Step 1: In a saucepan heat, 2 cups water until just boiling.
Step 2: Turn off heat, add dried hibiscus flowers (or hibiscus tea bags) in a tea infuser ball.
Step3: Steep 5 minutes, remove the strainer. Chill hibiscus tea in the fridge until ready to use.
What Is St-Germain Liqueur?
St-Germain is an artisanal liqueur made from elderflowers, these small white stary flowers are gathered from the hills in the French Alps for just a few weeks in springtime.
What Does St-Germain Taste Like?
Saint Germain liqueur is fragrantly sweet, light, and many appreciate it’s warm floral notes.
I live in Southern California, our hot weather makes it possible to grow many tropical plants and flowers, some year-round. The hibiscus, Madagascar jasmine, and purple orchids are fresh from our garden and bloom mostly in June-August right in the heat of summer. Although the hibiscus really blooms year-round!
The purple orchids came from my uncles garden in San Diego, and I took some cuttings and potted them in a large blue pot by our pool, and have had them for years now. I always think of him when the orchid plant is in bloom.
Hope you enjoy this garden-inspired cocktail, cheers!
All The Best Dishes,
Tropical Hibiscus Spritzer
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried hibiscus flowers in tea infuser (Tazo tea, tea shop or online)
tropical hibiscus spritzer
- 1 oz St-Germain liqueur
- 2 cups Prosecco (or Champagne)
- crushed ice
- top with club soda
- 1 shot chilled hibiscus tea
make hibiscus tea
- in a saucepan heat, 2 cups water until just boiling.
- Turn off heat, add dried hibiscus flowers (or hibiscus tea bags) in a tea infuser ball.
- Steep 5 minutes, remove the strainer. Chill hibiscus tea in the fridge until ready to use.
make the tropical hibiscus spritzer
- Add crushed ice to each glass, let the glass chill for a few minutes.
- In each glass add 1 shot of hibiscus tea, 1/2 shot St-Germain, and 1 cup Prosecco, and a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with small tropical flowers like purple orchids, and Madagascar jasmine.