Last Updated February 27th, 2020 at 10:00 pm by Lisa
New Year’s Eve Sparkling Gold Champagne Cocktails are glittering with real gold and bubbles, a festive chic sipper to ring in the New Year. Cheers!
Are you ready to toast to all the luck in the world and serious goal conquering in the new year? I know I am, and goal setting is all that much easier with a beautiful sparkling gold easy champagne cocktail by your side!
Why You Will Love These Sparkling Gold Champagne Cocktails
- They require only three ingredients. I told you they were EASY champagne cocktails!
- They are so pretty and festive. Who doesn’t want to ring in the new year with a little golden sparkle?!
- They will impress your guests. See above. Hand these out before the ball drops and hear the oohs and ahhs from your guests!
Let me show you how to make these easy champagne cocktails…
Sparkling Gold Champagne Cocktails Ingredients
To make these gold cocktails, you will need:
- Gold Shimmer Sugar (more on how to find this below)
- Gold Goldschläger Vodka or Other Liquor with Gold Flakes
- 1 bottle Champagne or Prosecco
How Do You Make a Champagne Cocktail?
TIP: Let the champagne flutes dry before the party, chill the champagne and gold liquor and you are ready.
I’m glad you asked! To make these cocktails, you will:
Step 1: Dip the rim of your champagne flutes in water, and dip the rim in gold edible sugar.
TIP: Set out two plates for this process: one for water and one for the gold edible sugar. Simply dip the rim of the glass in the water on one plate, and dip in the gold sugar on a second plate!
Step 2: Pour one shot per glass of Gold Goldschläger, Vodka or Liquor with Gold Flakes into the glass.
Step 3: Top with Champagne or Prosecco.
Easy, right?! You’ll be a champagne cocktail pro in no time.
What Kind of Liquor Should You Use in These New Year’s Cocktails?
For these New Year’s Eve Sparkling Gold Champagne Cocktails, I used Goldschläger liquor which does have a very small amount of real gold on it! It is measured to be about 13mg gold in a 1-liter bottle, which, according to Wikipedia, is worth about $0.52. There are also other brands with real gold flakes; feel free to use those too.
Fun fact: Edible gold leaf is made from 22-carat, 23-carat or 24-carat gold and silver alloy and is used in drinks, to decorate cakes, and for fancy desserts.
Where Can I Find Edible Gold Sugar?
Gold sugar is easy to find in cake decorating sections of craft stores. I found mine at HomeGoods! (No, it isn’t real gold, but it’s fun to use!)
What Do You Mix With Champagne?
Champagne can be mixed with a variety of mixers! You’ll find champagne cocktails with:
- Cranberry juice
- Grapefruit juice
- Coffee-flavored vodka
- Orange juice (of course!)
… the list goes on. Bottom line, champagne can be mixed with quite a lot!
Fun fact: A “champagne cocktail” by name is technically a cocktail with:
- Angostura bitters
In fact, a “champagne cocktail” is one of the IBA (International Bartenders Association) Official Cocktails. So, if you ask for a champagne cocktail, you’ll probably get the above drink!
More New Year’s Eve Party Recipes
There is so much more to New Year’s Eve than champagne cocktails! Here are a few more recipes you may want to try for your New Year’s Eve party:
- A perfect appetizer for New Year’s is Firecracker Shrimp! (no frying, these are baked!)
- These Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Scoops will be loved by all the buffalo chicken fans!
- For a hearty party meal, try serving this Gorgonzola Leek Stuffed Chicken (One Pan).
Happy New Year!
Wishing you a very Happy New Year, and if I may ask, did you set resolutions or goals?
The reason I ask, is some of the biggest dreams I achieved became possible because they were part of my new year’s, “goal plan”. Each new year, rather than set resolutions, I reorganize a goal plan for all areas of my life. Plus, a few years ago when I turned 50, (gulp) I added a list of at least 50 fun things to do during that year. Super fun right? Think of these as goals too!
Throughout the year, I review my dreams, goals, and 50 fun things. You will be amazed at how many you actually accomplish. Of course, some are moved to the next year. And that is fine! It is all a work in progress, it is fun to look back and see what you actually finished and to guide you successfully through the new year.
All the luck in the world to you this new year, oh and cheers!
All the Best,
New Year’s Eve Sparkling Gold Champagne Cocktails
- 1/2 teaspoon Gold Shimmer Sugar
- 1 shot Gold Goldschläger Vodka or Liquor with Gold Flakes
- 1 cup Champagne or Prosecco
- Dip the rim of your champagne flutes in water, and dip the rim in gold edible sugar.
- Pour one shot per glass of Gold Goldschläger, Vodka or Liquor with Gold Flakes into the glass.
- Top with Champagne or Prosecco.