Last Updated January 20th, 2021 at 01:44 pm by Lisa
Easy low-calorie Healthy Parmesan Baked Squash Chips scooped in a garden fresh Lemon-Dill Yogurt Dip is a clean wholesome appetizer and dip, or snack anytime!
The crisp crunchy coating is what you want in a chip, and the dip is good for you!
Healthy Parmesan Baked Squash Chips + Lemon-Dill Yogurt Dip
For the Parmesan Baked Squash Chips:
- 5 small yellow squash small to medium, sliced into ⅛ inch rounds, use a mandoline or hand slice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- coconut oil spray
For the Lemon-Dill Yogurt Dip:
- 1 cup greek yogurt or light sour cream
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Make the Lemon-Dill Yogurt Dip:
- In a small bowl, use a spatula and mix the yogurt, lemon juice, dill, lemon zest and sea salt.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Make the Parmesan Baked Squash Chips:
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined. Add in squash chips and stir until well coated.
- In a ziplock bag, combine parmesan cheese, panko crumbs, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Zip close and shake. Next, Add squash chips, close the bag again, and shake.
- Place the squash chips in a single layer on the parchment prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle extra parmesan panko on top of squash chips. Spray the chips with coconut oil spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes more, or until chips are golden brown.
- Serve on a platter with a bowl of lemon-dill yogurt dip.
Our sweet neighbor Kristina grows her own veggies in our local community garden. And look what she gave me! I had to make something healthy and delicious with all the gorgeous yellow squash...
This recipe is great summer recipe when you have so many squashes popping up in your garden daily you don't know what to do with them. Now you do!
All The Best Dishes,