A festive healthy Christmas holiday salad with an easy pomegranate Mason jar dressing sprinkled with spicy candied pecans, pear trees, sparkling pomegranate seeds, ruby red dried cranberries and raspberries. Now this salad says the holidays!
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup Melissa's organic pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup Melissa's dried cranberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup pecans or make Spicy Candied Pecans
- 1/2" slices Melissa's D'Anjou pears cut with small tree cookie cutter
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate juice store bought or fresh squeezed pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 orange zested and juiced (zest first!)
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Using a small cookie cutter, cut pears lengthwise into 1/2 " thick large pieces, then cut out tree shapes. Keep in a little bowl with some water and a little lemon juice to keep from browning.
In a large salad bowl (or on individual salad plates) layer fresh spinach leaves, pecans, pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries, raspberries, and top with D'Anjou pear trees. Serve with dressing on the side, or toss into salad.
For the Pomegranate Mason jar dressing: Add all ingredients into a mason jar, close the lid and shake for one minute until combined. Store in fridge until ready to use. Reshake to combine right before serving.
Slice 1/2" flat slices of pear, and use a small tree-shaped cookie cutter, to then cut out Christmas tree pear garnish. Make 4-5 per salad plate.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful and healthy holiday season.
Fill at least half your plate with a fun festive salad and homemade dressing, so you can enjoy those more indulgent dishes and treats guilt free…it works.
All The Best Dishes,