Last Updated January 2nd, 2023 at 06:20 pm by Lisa
Through the years, this cherished holiday recipe has been at so many parties, and it is one of the best Christmas punch recipes.
During the Christmas season, it is great to have a non alcoholic Christmas punch along with holiday cocktails. Serve a few appetizers, and the party is on. But you need one delicious holiday party drink without booze!
You can mix this festive drink inside a beverage container or large punch bowl in a matter of minutes, it just has 4 ingredients and a garnish. The tangy cranberries go so well with the lime flavors, and the ginger ale adds a sparkling finish...
In the mid-1990s, I began entertaining and throwing parties for friends. My Mom shared her easy holiday punch recipe with me to serve for a boat parade Christmas party I hosted on Balboa Island, California. This punch recipe was a hit I have served ever since those early days.
She said, people like a non alcoholic punch to sip, and showed me how to make an ice ring as a festive centerpiece on my buffet table, it was so pretty!
All the ingredients here are easy to find in any grocery store or keep on hand for Christmas celebrations...
- Cranberry Juice – Sweet and tart pure cranberry juice or a blend of cranberry juice like cran pineapple juice are perfect and so Christmasy with their red color for the holiday season!
- Cran-Pineapple Juice – Fresh pineapple juice adds sweet, yet tart flavors to this punch recipe.
- Frozen Limeade – Frozen limeade compliments the cranberries so well. You will find it in the freezer section, and if it's not available you can substitute a can of frozen lemonade or frozen orange juice.
- Ginger Ale – Adds a nice balance to the tart cranberry juice, and adds a fizzy sparkle. Any brand is fine, 7 up or Sprite will work as well.
- Fresh Cranberries – You can use fresh whole cranberries or frozen cranberries, they are so pretty with the lime slices.
- Limes – Slice the limes ⅛ inch thin into rounds. They add a great pop of color and balance the sweetness of a fruity punch.
- Ice or Ice Rings – Serve with either plenty of ice cubes or a frozen ice ring. Ice rings bring a festive look to beverage containers or punch bowls. You can freeze extra cranberries, mint leaves, pomegranate seeds, cinnamon sticks, rosemary, slices of orange, or apples in your ice ring using a bundt pan!
Variations, Additions & Swaps
Variations – For a more bubbly drink in this beautiful punch, add extra 7Up, Sprite, or a lemon-lime soda you prefer.
Reduced Sugar – To reduce the added sugar in your festive punch, use club soda or sparkling water in place of ginger ale or lemon lime soda.
Fruit Juices – Try regular or a can of frozen pineapple juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice, or pomegranate juice.
Want to make this Alcoholic Holiday Punch Recipe? Simply add 2 cups of your personal preference of good rum-light or dark, vodka, gin, or even a cinnamon whisky like Fireball is delicious! You can also add a bottle of Champagne or prosecco.
PRO TIP: Leave the can of frozen limeade (or lemonade) out on the counter to defrost for an hour or more, this is the easy way to pour and mix into your container or bowl of Christmas punch!
How To Make Christmas Punch
- Freeze your ice ring overnight if you are making one.
- Pre-slice the limes into thin rounds.
- In a large beverage dispenser container or punch bowl, mix cranberry juice, cran-pineapple juice, limeade, ice, and ginger ale or lemon-lime soda.
- Add the ice or ice ring, sliced limes, and cranberries for garnish.
- Run a sliced orange around the rim of glasses and dip into sparkling sugar sprinkles poured on a plate to decorate the rim.
- Pour punch in, and garnish with extra lime slices, cranberries, and ice. Serve this cranberry punch with an extra fun garnish of cute straws!
Holiday Serving Tips
- Chilled ingredients make the best punch, and have extra ice to chill it down during the party and or a second ice ring.
- Serve this as a Christmas morning punch with breakfast or brunch.
- Add the sparkle and fizz of ginger ale on top last to make this one of the most delicious Christmas punch recipes.
- Serve in a beverage container, The beverage container pictured is 3 gallons, which holds 48 cups which is what this recipe makes.
- Punch bowls work great too, and look so festive. Borrow one, or check online for a nice one to share with friends and family.
- Pop in some cute straws in each glass for some whimsy and extra holiday spirit.
- Set out glasses with colorful sugar rims on them, and let guests pour a glass of this delicious easy holiday punch. You can run an orange wedge around the rim of the glass and dip it into sugar sprinkles on a plate for another festive touch.
- We have served this non-alcoholic punch at everything from bridal to baby showers through the years, our whole family loves this recipe.
- Garnish with red, white, and green things like lime slices, ice, cranberries, or mint!
Use either a large beverage container or a punch bowl and ladle. You can chill all the ingredients, and add them right before guests arrive. Then top off with extra fruit juices, ice, garnishes, and straws.
More Christmas Recipes
Looking for more Christmas dinner and party recipes to serve at your holiday party? Appetizer parties for Christmas eve are relaxed with recipes like beautiful Holiday Deviled Eggs or a yummy Christmas Cheese Ball shaped like an ornament! There are 4 flavors; White Cheddar Rosemary Pomegranate, Pimento Cheese, Garlic Chive Goat-Cheese, and Cranberry Pecan.
A festive, easy, Christmas Tree Salad with a Cranberry Vinaigrette (made in a Mason jar) will be the talk of your holiday party. Shape this salad like a Christmas tree and decorate it with "garland, ornaments, and snow". One of these 40 Puff Pastry Recipes will be the star of your holiday party appetizers, which one will it be?
Make a Peppermint Candy Plate in only 20 minutes. Serve desserts like cookies, candy, hot cocoa, coffee, tea, festive drinks, or holiday cocktails like Cane Cane Vodka Martinis an easy recipe made with candy canes!
This Sausage Stuffing Dressing is also, known as "a meal by itself", this stuffing is truly one to make a tradition with your family and serve with a turkey or this gorgeous Beef Roast that is made with rich red wine. Santa will ho ho ho for these creative Santa's Wish List Cookies, have kids write a note to Santa himself!
Christmas Punch Recipe
- 64 ounces cranberry juice
- 64 ounces cran-pineapple juice
- 8 ounces frozen limeade
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 4-6 whole limes
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 8 cups ice
- Leave the limeade out on the counter to defrost an hour. Slice the limes in thin rounds. In a large beverage container or punch bowl, pour the 64 oz cranberry juice, 64 oz cran-pineapple juice, 1 can of limeade, 8 cups of ice, and 2 liters of ginger ale.
- Add sliced limes and cranberries for garnish.
- Run a sliced orange around rim of glasses and dip into sparkling sugar sprinkles.
- Chill all the ingredients, and defrost the limeade ahead of time.
- This recipe makes 36 cups of punch or 2 ¼ gallons of punch.
optional garnish ideas
- sliced apples or
- sliced oranges
- cinnamon sticks
- star anise